Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Marathon, Of Sorts


(From an email I received the other day--it's a joke!)

Given today's weather, I turned the day into a marathon of sorts. A cookie baking marathon. I'd been commissioned to bake for someone for this coming weekend and this seemed like the perfect day to get a jump start on the process. So bake I did. Starting with Peanut Sitting Pretties, a thumbprint type cookie rolled in walnuts with a dollop of frosting and a peanut m & m on top.


Then  Farmhouse Chocolate Cookies, which have as their "frosting" an Andes mint melted on top (actually, I just use half a mint). And some sprinkles.


Then Peanut Blossoms. My chocolate stars also had sprinkles on them.


Took the better part of the day. Between the 3 batches, it was something just shy of 200 cookies.

The first couple hours of the day was spent on the Stairmaster. I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring as far as a workout goes. Maybe the pool. Maybe I'll try running, though it's supposed to be below zero. Yak Trax might be in order. I guess I'll see what the winds are like. If they're like today, I'll be inside again.

Well, this was the view out the patio door this morning.


We sure got dumped on. The winds created some pretty amazing drifts.

Happy December Birthday to LaRee. Her birthday is now in the RTC membership spreadsheet. :-) If yours doesn't get mentioned, it's because we don't have it. Email me and I'll make sure it gets added.

My TC10 medal arrived in the mail today. That made me feel good. I'm feeling kind of down today.



Running Room has extended hours on the weekends from now until Christmas: 8:00 PM on Saturdays and Sundays. Closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

I'm back. Just got off the wind trainer for an hour. (Take the front wheel off the bike and put it on a stand.) Felt like I needed to burn some more calories. Just checked the thermometer ... -4. Ouch. That might put the kibosh on a morning run. Maybe I'll ski in the afternoon if it's not bitterly cold.

Quote for the day: "Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out." -- John Wooden

Cheers.

1 comment:

Cheapest Diablo 3 gold said...

Fantastic menu! We have started out producing my own washing cleaning soap only recently : along with find it irresistible * try not to possess a pretreatment apply -- They're Simple components for going to supply mtss is a try out!!! Appreciate your publishing this!