Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday, Monday ... so good to me ...

Just returned from another wonderful evening with my Cooking Light group. We had a winderful evening, as we always do. We had wine, appetizers and desserts (heavy on the wine and appetizers this year!) and can bring a guest in December. Kelly was my guest ... all the way from NY! It was great to see her again. She and Ben are here visiting family.



Let's back up to a less wonderful part of the day. My 8.49 mile run this morning. Yikes. It was a icy with a brisk NW wind and then to top it off it started snowing so I couldn't see the glare ice. Everything had a glaze over it and I had my Yak Trax on. So it was like skating with coils on the bottom of my feet! It took me almost 2 hours to go that distance. On county 22 I was praying that I wouldn't fall through the snowbanks where it wasn't plowed (I didn't). On 19th St NW I was praying I didn't get hit by a car as the sidewalks were just too dangerous (I didn't). By Assissi Heights I just wanted to stay upright (I did). It was nor pretty. But ... I got it done. :-)

Tuesday at 5:30 Byron Team R.E.D. is going to run out at RCTC on the indoor track. Feel free to join them! I'm going to Redwood Room and then the movie Blind Sided otherwise I'd be there. Thursday Team R.E.D. is doing a progressive dinner run starting at O'Leary's at 805 1st Ave NW in Byron. There will be stops at a few other homes before finishing up at the O'Leary's.

Here's the recipe for the Oatmeal Craisin White Chocolate Chip Cashew Macadamia Nut (that's a mouthful!) cookies I made the other day:



1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. quick-cooking oats
9 Tbsp. soft butter
1/2 c. dark brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla exract
1/2 c. Craisins
1/2 c. roughly chopped pecans (I used half cashews half macadamia nuts)
3/4 c. white chocolate chips

1. Preheat overn to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Measure flour, baking powder, salt and oats into a bowl. Put butter and sugars into another bowl and beat together until creamy. Then beat in egg and vanilla extract.
2. Beat in the flour mixture, then Craising, nuts and chips.
3. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, then place them on your prepared cookie sheet and squish down with a fork. (That's taken directly from the recipe!) Bake for 15 minutes until cookies are tinged a pale gold. Remove to cool.

I'm tired so I'll call it quits for today. Toodles.

No comments: