Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Need for Speed

Today's workout was a bike ride. 40.05 miles. It was nice. AND WINDY! I'm getting tired of fighting the wind on the bike. But what am I gonna do ... if I want to ride, I've got to deal with the wind. So deal with it I do. Today was again the Salem Corners, Rock Dell, High Forest loop. I'd wanted to go past the airport and Simpson but the skies were looking dark to the west so I decided I'd better head home instead. On county 8 I almost ran over a snake. I hate snakes. They TOTALLY creep me out. This one was coiled up on the white line on the side of the road and looked about 2-3 feet long and had rings around it. Don't know what kind that is, and don't much care. :-) I was just happy to get past it. When I got home this toad was sitting on the driveway.

Good day for reptile sightings I guess. Tomorrow, back in the pool.

One day this week a friend is going to help me shop for bikes. He knows LOTS more about all the components, etc. than I do so I will be happy to have his help and advice. I had a little trouble with my crankset today. But I got home safely. I really need to replace this bike soon. I've got 52/42 chainrings and a 13/24 cassette. I'd looked at some bikes with compact cranks. I don't think I want to lose my 52 tooth chainring. And I wouldn't mind having my smallest cog on the freewheel be 12 teeth. I LOVE riding along county 6 with the wind at my back. Same thing up on county 3 south of Pine Island. :-) I got 'er up to 28 mph on county 6 today ... not going downhill. Pure fun.

We still need volunteers for the Rochester Half Marathon. You're probably tired of reading that! But we need assistance to make this a well-run and safe event. So even if you've only got a half hour that morning, we'd be happy for your help. We need course marshals, water stop help, finish line help, set-up, tear-down, packet pick-up both Friday 4-9 and Saturday before the race. You know, the usual drill. Please email Jean if you can help!! We've got 437 registered for the half and 112 for the 5K so far.

My brother and his family came over for supper. I made a spinach salad and chicken stir-fry and cut up some watermelon. And made that wonderful Oatmeal Cookie-Peach Crisp dessert again. They loved it. They're big peach fans so I sent a bunch home with them.




The kids played outside with a watering can. :-)


Relatively slow day at the office. Talk to you tomorrow.

Ramblin' Renee

1 comment:

cartucho r4 said...

I am feeling very bad.
If I would be there, I was helped you.