Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Life in the Frenetic Lane

It's coming down to the wire ... soon it will be race day. And the details sometimes get to be overwhelming. Thank goodness we're a committee working on this race. And I want to say a public thank you to Jean Murray for all the hours and effort she is putting into this event. She took the day off work today and I think it's safe to say that she probably spent all of them working on the Rochester Half Marathon. She is doing a terriffic job and carrying more than her fair share of the load. Today I went and picked up the shirts in Kasson.
I chose the 3:00 hour to do so. That's when that screamin' rainstorm came through. The traffic on highway 14 west had pulled off onto the shoulder as it was raining too hard to see. This evening Karla asked who designed them. Paul Krause did the artwork and I don't remember whose idea the design was. A collaboration of sorts I think. I just placed the order. :-) The finishers' medals match the shirts. We could still use some help with registration on Friday at Running Room. If you can help, please email Jean. Packet stuffing was here this evening. Thank you: Jen and Maddie, Laura, Larry, Sonja, Jean, Abby, Karla. We were done in an hour.
... when I get stressed what do I do? Bake cookies (if time allows)! Not eat them, but bake them. These are for the RTC picnic tomorrow night.

This morning was run-swim-run. (I think this is from yesterday.)

Spotted on the run: Pete Martin and Melissa Blaski, Ron Giles and Marie Boyd. When I got down to Soldier's Field, there were lots of cars parked by the park. As I got closer I also noticed LOTS of tents. Then lots of bikes and bikers. So I asked one of them what was going on. BAM--Bike Around Minnesota. They had 190 riders. Today must have been an interesting ride in that rainstorm. Interesting. But probably not fun.

Well, I'm going to wrap this up. It's after 11:00 PM again. Good night.

No comments: