Monday, August 17, 2009

Crazy Busy!!

That's what this week is shaping up to be ... CRAZY BUSY!! It's back to school (college) week for Matt and the Rochester 1/2 Marathon & 5K is on Saturday. I'm the contact person, but we have a team working on pulling it together. And an awesome group it is!! We still need more help on Friday evening and early Saturday morning (registration, set-up). If you can help, PLEASE email Jean .

T.N.T. has been cancelled for the rest of the season :-( due to road construction.

What a beautiful morning today. I was up early and at the pool at 5:30 before the sun came up. It was a beautiful sunrise. Very colorful. I'm still working on that left-side breathing. I don't know how much I'll use in on Sunday at the Lakes Country tri, but maybe occasionally for sighting. I think I still swim faster breathing only on the right. But I'll keep practicing.

After the run home, I went out for one more mile, as I frequently do after a swim. It was just a spectacular morning for running. Pleasant temp (57 I heard on the radio), no wind, clear blue sky. Here are the sights on my little 1/2 mile out and back in the neighborhood: The first 1/4 mile ...

Almost at the turnaround ...


The turnaround is at the end of this median:

A traffic circle:


Almost home...

where the PeeGee hydrangeas are in bloom.

Matt and I did some back-to-school shopping today. Of the food variety. He lives in a house with a couple of friends and they cook for themselves. Our last stop was at an Oriental food store. Very interesting. Lots of things I'd have no idea what to do with. One thing I spooted was a can of "Bamboo Caterpillar in Brine". Ummm ... not so much.

Then it was off to Community Food Response, a wonderful organization that provides food to the needy. They get it from restaurants, grocery stores, etc. It's food that has gotten to the sell-by date, or that is leftover, etc. that would otherwise be thrown out. It's packaged up and brought to Bethel Lutheran Church where it's given away. We fill a grocery sack with entrees, veggies, salads, soups, sandwiches, etc. ... enough for a (generous) meal for the household. It's actually a lot of fun, too. There's so much need in this world ...

My friends Bruce and Jan said there was a bumper crop of wild blueberries at their home up north and would I like some? Huh?? Of course! I'd be delighted. Here they are. They're very small, and very flavorful. I put a few cultivated blueberries from the grocery store in the bag so you can see the difference in size.

Time for bed. It's 10:51 and the alarm goes off at 4:45 ... so tired ... didn't get my P.T. done tonight ... my bad ...

Signing off ......

No comments: