Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wicked!!

That's all I can say about the wind today. There was a high wind warning from 9 AM to 7 PM. I ran 10.05 miles early this morning and it was already blowing to beat the band, Running into it did not me a happy camper make!! And running with it seems to not give back as much as running into it takes away. This being trash day in SW Rochester, there were cans and garbage blowing all over the place.


And the flags were standing straight out from the poles.

OK. Enough said.

This is from an email from funny girl Pam King: "OK, you all know that I, Peggy Morgan and Julie Maxwell have been training since January for this darn race. This time we are doing the whole 26.2 miles (in case you are not familiar with how far a marathon is). Anyway, I am sending this email out to let you know that we could use some help. If you haven’t guessed, this is a LONG way. It will take us a LONG time and we are not even totally sure we can do it, but darn it we will. What we could use is some fans. Cheering, music, noise makers, cold wet towels (assuming it's hot) are all every helpful in taking our minds of our impending death. So, if you have time on May 24, 2009 (that is Sunday) and could come and cheer us on that would be awesome. Best part is, we will be doing this for so long that if you want to get up, go to the twin cities for breakfast and come back or go to church, mow the law, have breakfast, feed the hog and whatever else you have on your list… even brew a beer from scratch, you will have time to do all of this while we are STILL running." She then goes on to recommend some fan cheer zones along the course. Anyway, this email made me LOL. She's a hoot. :-) And I'm so proud of them.

I'll be working the Running Room booth at the Minneapolis Marathon expo at The Depot next Friday, 5/29. If you're there between 11 and 1, stop by and say howdie.

I swam late this afternoon. Everything seemed to click today for some reason: I had my own lane, my legs didn't cramp, ... 1/4 mile: 9:41 Mile: 40:41 (2 minute 7 second PR--yippee!!), 51 laps in the hour.

Stopped by my garden plots today to give my poor little plants some much-needed water. The onions were even bending in the wind.

And the peas were bending in the wind.

As were the broccoli, cabbage, kohlrabi and Brussels sprouts.

Some weeding is in order, I believe. :-)

Matt and I stopped by Running Room this evening to get him some new shoes. In attendance for the 6 PM run were Judy Weller, Steve Strange, Henry Biar among others. (Cheer up, Henry!! You're running a marathon on Sunday. :-)

Jill Scheid and Darald Bothun stopped by to get the scoop on packet pick-up for Med-City Kids' Marathon, to be held on Saturday.

On the way out I noticed the new GU Chomps.


Quote for the day: "Methinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow ..." --Henry David Thoreau

How true. Cheers.

No comments: