Thursday, May 28, 2009

Simply the best!!

The boys and I spent a wonderful evening at the Metrodome last night watching the Twins play (and beat) the Bo Sox. It was simply ... the best! A great game.

A great evening spent with my kids.

Great seats.

Kevin Slowey pitched ...

with Joe Nathan coming in for relief in the top of the ninth.

Unfortunately, it was the only win of the four game series. (Today's game was really ugly.) But we enjoyed watching the win. :-) I commented to Eric on what seemed to be an unusually high number of wild pitches by the Bo Sox. He left me a note this morning saying that "last night's 6 wild pitches by the Red Sox tied the modern era (while stats have been kept) MLB record."

I found the batting stance of Kevin Youkilis quite humorous--way back in the batters box, right hand way up on the bat, bat way up in the air, this bouncy thing going on, etc. I shot a video and then Eric did too and posted his on YouTube.




Land O'Lakes "Over the Moon" milk is the official milk of the Minnesota Twins. Decided to try some. Seems thicker than the regular skim milk.

Apparently the story that Mayo Clinic did on me and my back surgery for Medical Edge last year was on KAAL this week. Thank you Mike Schmitt for the heads up!! I had no idea.

Also, I have a correction regarding Chris Koch's Brookings Marathon. My bad, and I totally should have known this. Brookings was his first road marathon, but he ran a trail marathon in Indiana (and I knew this--there was even a story for RTC News) and ran two trail ultramarathons last summer, which I also knew. My memory is sooooo bad ...

From Dan Strain: "Yes I ran with the Rubik's cube and solved it every mile. It was definitely not the same 'ole marathon. The first two miles it took me a little bit to solve it (it felt strange running with so many people while working on it) but after that it went smoothly. I solved it 27 times (once for the .2 finish)."

Judy Weller is getting involved in forming a local chapter of Girls on the Run. If you are interested in getting involved as well, please contact Judy. Also, they will be looking for gently used women's shoes, particularly in smaller sizes. If you have some that fit this description, please contact Judy as well. Thank you!!
.
This morning I lifted and swam. I decided to swim for an hour without stopping for any breaks. I got 50 laps in. I was still a little sore/tired from the hard swim on Tuesday, but overall it was a good swim. Then this afternoon I decided to go for a run, my usual 7.20 mile loop around the hill. I couldn't resist any longer ... I decided to pick it up bit. 6:40 to 6:50 pace felt very comfortable for a mile or two, then I decided to put the pedal to the metal and see what I could do. I got it down to 5:52 pace for about 1/4 mile. It felt great to be running hard, if just for a little while. It was rumored that Matt was also out running (he was) so I decided to backtrack on his normal route and run with him for a little while. Didn't find him, but got in another 2 miles.

Seems I can't go anywhere without seeing someone I know. Last night at the game, Coach (Mark) Kieffer was spotted. He was the basketball coach at Mayo H.S. when Eric went there. Also spotted the track coach from Luther. Today at Hy-Vee, I heard "Hey, Renee" or something, from behind me. It was Tim and Brendan Sherman (runners--Brendan ran CC and track with Eric in H.S.) so I chatted with them for a while ...

TriRochester is having their monthly social get-together this evening at 8:00 at Glynner's Pub. Needless to say, I'm not there this month as it's presently 8:24 PM.

For supper tonight, I tried a new recipe. Whole wheat penne pasta with a "sauce" made of two cans of artichoke hearts, a jar of roasted red peppers, some basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.

Different. Don't know that I'll make it again. Also had some more corn on the cob which was again very tasty.

And watermelon. Seedless, and very sweet. Delicious.

And garlic bread. Tastes good, but diet food it's not.



Just made Lemon Poppy Seed Bread. I think it's another keeper recipe.


Well, it was quite a late night (12:30 AM by the time I got to bed) and an early morning (5:30 AM I was awake) and I have some things to get done before working the Minneapolis Marathon expo tomorrow. So ... I'll close this post now.

Toodles!

No comments: