Thursday, May 14, 2009

She's Baaaaaaack!!

I've been away from the computer for a few wonderful days but I'm definitely back now! There isn't that much particularly newsworthy in my blogging world, but I'll give you the lowdown on what's up.

I got back into town late afternoon and decided I needed some exercise after a couple of days off. It was going to be the Stairmaster or possibly a run. It was a beautiful spring day and I just couldn't make myself go down in the basement and get on the Stairmaster. But I didn't want to goof up my hib rehab as it's been feeling good with a week off. But I wanted to know whether the Brian Kraft Memorial 5K on May 25 was in the realm of possibility, and possibly even moving up to the full Minneapolis Marathon rather than the Half. So ... out the door it was. I ran 4.71 miles and don't feel the worse for wear, which hasn't happened in a while. Very good for my psyche and I'm VERY happy. I wore my new pair of asics 2130s. The old ones were really worn out, which couldn't have helped the situation. The left outer heel was worn down to the midsole. I don't know yet what I will do for a weekend run. The options are: 1) No run. 2) The last marathon training run at the RAC on Saturday (10 miles). I miss my running buddies!! 3) 10 mile Chester Woods preview trail run on Sunday at 1:00. Time will tell.

Tomorrow's (Friday) workout: Lift. Swim. Bike ride with Matt (20-year old son). Speaking of which ... he got a summer job. WHAT A RELIEF. They are hard to come by. He checked Snag-A-Job on Sunday, applied at Fazoli's, interviewed on Monday, started on Tuesday.

I am SOOOO honored that the St. Cloud River Runners webmaster asked if he could post a link to my blog on their website. SO COOL. Check it out. ;-)

A few triathletes from the St. Cloud area are coming down for the Rochesterfest Triathlon on June 28 and expressed interest in getting together with Rochester runners/triathletes for a pre-race meal together on the evening of the 27th. So I am organizing that. If you're interested in attending, send me a holler and I'll add you to the list. The more the merrier. Location: TBD. My house if a small crowd. Restaurant if more than a small crowd. :-)

Race director Tim Burris says ...

tomorrow evening I'll be staffing the 10K water stop at the Stay Out of the Sun Run ...

at 6:30 PM along with another gal, Cathi, from out of town. Hope to see another great turnout this year at this event. It's a worthwhile fundraiser that has touched my family (skin cancer). Hope to see you there. Spotted in the RAC parking lot this evening, Chester Woods Trail Run race director Jim Mason.


I'm having a Wildtree products party here on Tuesday at 6:30. Running buddy Sonja Kranz will be the demonstrator. If you're interested in learning more about these products (natural, very tasty, and no preservatives), let me know. You're welcome to attend. Samples will be given.

I'll be working at Running Room Friday, 5/22 4-8 PM and Saturday 5/23 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM during Med-City Marathon packet pickup. The place should be HOPPING!!! My son graduates from college on Sunday, so I won't be at the marathon this year. Good luck to all of you running all or part of it ... and HAVE FUN!! That's what it's all about after all.

Speaking of FUN ... my niece Kaleigh turned 3 today.


Her mom and dad got her this inflatable jumping toy. She (obviously!) loves it.





My brother was renting a lawn aerator when I stopped by, so asked if we could come over and do our lawn, too. The answer??

Yes. Hard work, to be sure. The crab apple trees are in full bloom just out of view of this photo. Pink and white petals all over the place. It's almost like snow. They're gorgeous.

Quote for the day: "That best portion of a good man's life; his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love." --William Wordsworth, English Poet

Enough. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: