Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Tuesday!

Not too much to report on today, but I do have a little of this and a little of that ...

I wanted to think of some kind of April Fool's joke (other than the weather!) but nothing comes to mind. Happy April Fool's Day anyway!

Another comment on the Post Bulletin She's no Cookie Rookie article: The cookie sheets I use the most and like the best do not have sides and are not non-stick or dark. They are flat, save for one edge which makes for a handle of sorts. Here's a link to a photo, but they might be hard to find from the looks of it. I got them several years ago as recommended by Cook's Illustrated magazine and have been very happy with them. They are heavy. I checked their website after a friend emailed me about them and Cook's now recommends a Vollrath cookie sheet.

Stopped at HyVee today after I got my haircut. Red peppers are only 88 cents each (today is the last day). They're huge. Anyway, the price of King Arthur Flour was $5.13/5 lb. bag. Ouch. Major ouch. I might have to change my flour allegiance until the price comes down.

Tidbit from Kristin Zhao, recently introduced in my blog, referring to the actress Renee Zellweger: "I ran with her once, long before she was famous and she was a friend of a friend. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't remember me if I sat and explained to her when she ran with me :)) It was my brush with fame, sort of." Way to rub elbows, Kristin!

Read in Running Times: The U.S. track and field championships in 2010. That would be worth a road trip. Also in RT, "A new mobile-phone service called Map My Tracks uses GPS technology to track a runner's pace, elapsed time and total time in real time. It can also display a runner's position live on the company's website. Check it out at Map My Tracks " Hmm. That could have a myriad uses one would think ... That could be bad.


From the Great Harvest April eNewsletter, as pictured above: "A 100% whole grain golden wheat coffee cake,loaded with plump blueberries, make this sweet treat a tasty way to get more whole grains in your diet. Now you can have your cakeand eat it too!" Doesn't that just look good enough to eat!! (What just came on my iPod? Queen--Fat Bottomed Girls. Go figure.)


Fetzer race number art design is being worked and finalized. The logo will be moved slightly right, the RTC logo removed and the date enlarged. You might still have a couple hours to register on active.com and get your name on your bib. After that, we go generic (no name) for the rest.

Had lunch with KTTC weatherman Randy Brock today. He was the speaker at a lunch at church. He's a good speaker, and weather is always interesting to me. Here's a photo. I think he's much better looking in person than on TV. ;-)


RTC members celebrating birthdays in April: James Andrews, Daniel Assad, Tammy Beniak, Richard Devine, Mike Franken, Joseph Grande, Joy Larson, Mark McClees, Ruben Mesa, Mitch Oyen, John Modry, Kerry Rosane, Terry Severson, Ken Syring, Roger Taylor, Peter Tebben.

Gotta go. We'll meet another RTC member in the next post.

See 'ya.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow what a Tuesday for you! Lunch with Randy, Fun!
Kristin, I am so envious, running with actress Renee Zellweger, she is my ultimate favorite actress!!!!!!!!
Chis O'