Monday, March 31, 2008

Here we go again ...

Sigh. It's really getting boring, complaining about the weather, isn't it? Snowflakes the size of saucers. I guess April Fool's came a day early this year. Eric just took off for the cities for the Twins game, which makes me nervous. I'm such a worrier.

The RTC website is still down and I still haven't heard why. I'm probably more frustrated than anyone being my race is less than 2 weeks away. Please direct questions about website status and inquiries about race results (which come from the race directors, but I know, you don't know the race directors' emails when the site is down) to David Sletten. Thank you.

We're having the first RTC trash pickup of 2008 on Thursday, April 3 at 5:00 pm. Meet in the little parking lot off S. Broadway/Soldiers' Field across from Snappy Stop at the 9th St SE stoplight. Wear gloves. I believe we'll have bags. There was LOTS of trash on the south side of the golf course on Saturday afternoon with those southerly winds. We own the strip of bike path from 9th St SE around the golf course and under the beltline.

A couple of fun YouTube videos: adidas Reasons to run Boston and a 16-minute course video, taken from a car driving the course. Sure brings back memories.

Here's the Post-Bulletin running and cookie baking article. Couple of corrections: 'Rochester Track Club' Marathon Training Group should just be 'Rochester Track Club'. I use real vanilla extract, not imitation vanilla extract. The name of the chocolate referred to is correctly spelled Callebaut (and is what I used in the cookies the day the interview was done), but I most often use Ghirardelli bittersweet chips as they're available in Rochester, whereas Callebaut is not. And Callebaut is quite expensive. ;-) Also, if you're using nuts in your cookies, toast them first. They'll step up the flavor a notch or two. (350 for 5 minutes or so is usually adequate.) So much for my 15 seconds of fame.

Eric is going to study in Valencia, Spain next semester. Guess what? There's a 1/2 marathon in Valencia on my birthday in November. I think that's got my name written all over it! Another tidbit of info ... one of Eric's college friends found my blog and has it bookmarked! He tells Eric what's going on in his mom's life, so I hear. ;-) Funny.

Let's meet Kristin Zhao:

Family? Husband: Feng, Daughter: Shirley, Sons: Richard, Aaron

Hobbies? Baking, gardening, studying :)

Languages you speak? French, Chinese How did you get started in running? 7th grade track

Miles per week on average? 25

Your defacto, comfortable as a broken-in shoe training route? loop in the NE that contains the flattest roads I could find

How often do you run it? 2x a week

Favorite carbo loading food? my husband's Chinese food!

Favorite indulgence food? chocolate, chocolate, chocolate (with some peanut butter on the side)

Next race? RTC Spring Classic

Running goals? to keep on running...

Running dream? to run a race with my kids

Go. Be. Do.

1 comment:

Medela freestyle said...

Great to have landed on your blog through google, it's really what I was kind of looking for.

Amber