Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Things are looking up ... mostly!

Well, I've had a good week injury-wise. I was sore on Sunday, but felt really good on Monday and Tuesday. My iliopsoas wasn't bothering me at all. So I thought I'd give a Wednesday am run a try again. I was awake at 4:44 am so I decided to head down to the Y and meet up with Bruce, Lisa and Mark. We ran a slightly modified course since the last time I'd run with them (we tend to run the same course week after week) and it was 8.47 miles. I believe we got a 'toot toot' from Larry Pederson on Elton Hills Drive. He must have been on his way to the RAC. I recognized his convertible (top up!). Anyway, we'll see how the rest of the day goes (it's not 3:12 pm and doing great!), but I'm feeling optimistic that with my increased focus on stretching and strengthening that things are looking up. Photos from the run below.

Why the 'mostly' qualification on the post title? The weather forecast, of course. We're in for yet another winter storm, and several inches of wet, heavy snow again tomorrow. This is so getting old... At least the bird are returning, and we can enjoy their songs while we're outdoors.

Stopped in at Running Room yesterday. More new clothes. Here they are:



I got just a fantastic article for the next RTC News from my friend Joy Larson. I can't wait for you all to read it. I'm so proud of her accomplishments.

We've got about 100 registered for the Fetzer . I'll have Josh updated the entry list on Thursday. Keep those registrations coming! Also, yes, I'm still in need of volunteers. It takes a lot of people to make these events happen, even with the relatively closed course.

From Sarah Shonyo:

LET'S WALK! Join KTTC celebrities, Ted Schmidt and Jess Abrahamson for Pet Walk 2008 which will take place on Saturday, May 3 at Cooke Park in Rochester. The theme for this years' walk is "Give Them Shelter -- Adopt". Our goal is to raise $35,000 and we can do it but we need your help!
Haven't had the tennis shoes on in awhile? Don't worry, our walk route is a short one so that all 2-legged and 4-legged attendees can join in the fun! Registration begins at 9:00 am and the walk starts at 10:00 am. We'll have dog bandanas for registered walkers with at least $30.00 in pledges; and dog bandanas, commemorative T-shirts and entry into our prize drawings for all registered walkers with $100.00 or more in pledges.

If you can not attend and still want to contribute, you can go to our website http://www.pawsandclaws.org/ and click How to Help then choose On-Line Donations and write "Pet Walk" in the special instructions area.

I finished Atonement late last night, just in time for book club tonight. I had 300 pages left to read as of the weekend, but I got 'er done. I enjoyed it and would now like to see the movie. I see it's not in the theaters any longer. Guess I'll wait for the DVD. I think it will be an interesting discussion.

Let's meet Pam Setera:

Family; husband Craig, daughter Maggie, dog Billy and guinea pig Ole

Hobbies; currently completing master gardener course, cooking, biking andof course running

Languages you speak; English and am going to work on German

start in running; to control weight and relieve stress

Miles a week; 10-15

defacto run; from my house, through Boulder Ridge, 18th street, 55thstreet and home.. about 3 miles, always with my favorite running partner,my dog Billy

run it; 2-3 times a week at 5:00 am

carb loading food; pasta

indulgence food; John Hardy's BBQ and beer

Next race; Winter Be Gone Duathalon

Goals; not sure... just going to see what the warmer weather brings

Dream; to feel completely satisfied with a race, that I gave it my all, made the right decisions and did my best

Next up? Kerry Rosane!

Enjoy your day.

No comments: