Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Beauty of a Morning!

Lovely 8.5 mile run this morning! Not fast, by any means, but it was just great to be out there. Worked a bit on tweaking the 20K course. A definitely bloggable sighting ... RTC member Brian Erwin, on his way to work at the government center. ;-) It's always great to be greeted by Brian in the morning ... usually at the Y, and he's on treadmill 7 and I'm right behind him on Stairmaster 5! Also spotted, my husband Ted on his bike. ;-)


Just a reminder that the RTC is staffing a water stop again at the Med-City marathon. We're at mile 13/14 over by Snappy Stop. It's a great spot for spectating as well. If you are interested in volunteering (you'll get a shirt), please contact Jean Murray. Thank you!

A new race on the calendar, and it's a cross-country race... Mother's 5K (it's Mother's Day weekend.) I'll be volunteering, but if my volunteer spot allows, I believe I will also run it! TriRochester is sponsoring this run.

And of course Spring Classic is now just around the corner! 5K or 15K ... your choice. Need to do a 20-miler for Med-City? Run it twice! Or run down there from home. Registration available that morning or Friday evening at Running Room.

This morning I looked at my GPS for Boston. My marathon mileage was 26.89. It was all those port-a-potty stops, and some running against the flow back to the medical tents. ;-) I got my money's worth!

I'm still watching American Idol . My bet is on David Cook or David Archuletta. Probably Cook. I think he's more marketable and has a more interesting personality. We'll just have to wait and see...

Gotta run. (i.e. it's time to go to work.) Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

Cheers.

No comments: