Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Strawberry Sensation

My contribution for book club (Water for Elephants) tonight:



Here's the recipe. I think I blogged it last year as well ...

Berry Cream Pie (raspberry or strawberry)
1 9" baked pie crust

1 package Dream Whip, whipped with 1/2 c. skim milk and 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Beat 1 8 oz. pkg. 1/3 less fat cream cheese with 3/4 c. powdered sugar. Fold in Dream Whip. Spread in cooled pie crust.

Mix one package strawberry or raspberry Junket Danish Dessert mix (at HyVee it's near the Jell-O) with 1 3/4 c. water. Boil one minute. Allow to cool some. Fold in one pint raspberries or one quart sliced strawberries. Spread over top of pie. Refrigerate. (I like this better when prepared with just 1/2 package Junket.)

Probably won't post until I get back from Cincinnati. See 'ya!

No comments: