Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The wind is moving
But I am standing still
A life of pages
Waiting to be filled
--Michael W. Smith, A Place in This World Play It

RTC members celebrating birthdays in November include: Steve Corner (who ran a great marathon at Whistlestop), Robert Finch, Joe Gyura, Scott Helt, Yvonne Hubmayr, Ray Hylland, Megan Lockie, Dan Lovik, Anne Mullany, Kelly O'Hara, Tom O'Leary, Sharon Riester, Renee Saxman, Pete Schommer, Greg Sellnow, Johann Sonnenberg (milestone), Kristin Zhao (milestone). Happy Birthday, all!

Some photos from Larry Pederson:

Running Barr trail on Pike's Peak...

Golfing in Sante Fe (nice RTC jacket!) ...


With "The Fonz" (Henry Winkler, from Happy Days) in Milwaukee.

Here's a link from Mike Schmitt about a runner who missed the turnaround for a half marathon, so ran the whole thing and won it, and then ...

I just heard from a fellow Rails to Trails runner of a marathon next May up in the St. Cloud area called the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon . It looks like something right up my alley--small, reasonably priced, paved trail. I think that'll get penciled in on my race card for 2009.

This week, the Buck-A-Book sale is going on at the Y--hardcover, paperback, adult, children's, CDs, the whole gamut. I bought 10 of them. ;-)

Well, I'm so glad it's election day, which should bring an end to the phone calls encouraging me to vote (I DID!) and telling me who I should vote for, the knocks on the door encouraging me to vote (I DID!) and telling me who I should vote for, and the numerous mailings telling me who I should vote for! Got a lovely little mailing from ... AARP...specifically for grandparents. Lovely. Make me feel old(er) would ya??

Thought for the day: "You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you." --Mary Tyler Moore

Talk at ya later!

No comments: