Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gravy Train 2008

We had a great turnout today for the Gravy Train run. It was a perfect day for the run...pleasant temps, no wind, no snow, no ice. A great many of the runners did the 5K, but some of us went the distance and got at least 12 in. Yours truly wasn't paying attention when Jean was giving directions (I was talking ... my bad) and I didn't hear where the turnaround was. So I went to the very end of the trail. I was wondering where everyone went ... I think I got in more like 13.5 - 13.7 miles. Forgot my GPS ... was like a fish out of water. Argh. Thank you to Jean Murray for arranging the run and arranging for all the treats. To Julie Murray for the handcrafted "most colorful runner" award (congrats to Katie for winning the award ... and this was the first time she'd run 12 miles!).

Next year: Same bat time, same bat channel.

No comments: