Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh where, oh where has the sunshine gone, oh where, oh where can it be?


(photo is from yesterday) I don't think I have SAD (seasonal affective disorder), but I do miss the sunshine after a few days without. These days of thick cloudcover, fog and cold ran do tend to drag one down. At least this one. :-) I ran at 6:30 AM today and it really was pleasant, save for the stiff south wind. But the temps were very nice. Did the 7.5 mile "loop around the hill". I'm feeling much better today. ;-) Especially since I just got my hair cut and highlighted. I saw the following in a Maxine book at the hairdressers (it's for women turning 50 ... I'm dangerously close): "Gray hair is a neutral color that goes with anything." You gotta love Maxine .
Looking at my poll on presidential voting from last week, it looks like Obama and McCain would have had to have a run-off. HA! 27-27 tie.

The speaker for the RTC Annual Banquet is our own Dr. Ed Creagan from the Mayo Clinic. Dr. Creagan will be on Healthline on KROC AM 1340 this Saturday at 9:05 AM speaking about stress. Tune in! And it's not too early to RSVP for the banquet, which will take place at Willow Creek Clubhouse on January 10. RSVPs and payment due by 12/29.

Spotted on Mario's blog, a link to CLIF bar family wineries. Hmmm ... I wonder if they taste like electrolytes ...

Jean Knaack, RRCA Executive Director, further expounded on Road Rage Management on the RRCA website. It's worth reading. Anyone who's run on the roads, along with cars, has to have had an encouter with a vehicle (or it's driver actually) at some point.

Track Club board meeting this evening at 6:00 PM. Lots to discuss, including the ballot for next year, website outages, Youth Grand Prix, directorship for Rochester Half Marathon, eNewsletter, Carol on the Run, 2009 membership give-aways, ... Lots and lots to discuss.

My son who's studying in Spain is off to Norway in a week or so. I'm jealous. It's such a beautiful country. I told him he better take LOTS of pictures. Then he's off to Barcelona the next weekend. This guy is getting around, for sure! But he's had a great experience. I'm glad he was able to go.

Well, Judy Weller was kind enough to send me a knitting pattern for a kitchen dish cloth last week. I actually sat down and knit one last night. You knit it in a square, but on point (i.e. you start at a corner and increase to maximum width and then decrease back down to the opposite corner). It's certainly not perfect. I had a little goof, but at a consistent goof, on what makes the border on the bottom half. But it'll still wash dishes. I'll try again, this time hoping it looks a little more presentable, and possibly post a photo. What the heck ... here's a photo (of the better half ;-)

Here's the directions should anyone care to knit one! I found recipes for homemade marshmallows (vanilla, raspberry or cinnamon-cocoa) and grapefruit jelly bells (those sugar-coated candies that totally stick to your teeth, "orange slices" are popular) in Woman's Day magazine. Sounds like something new and fun to try ... and they'd make great gifts. Stay tuned. They also sound like they have the potential to be sticky messes!!

Don't forget -- cookies at Off-Season Striders on Saturday (7:30 AM, Panera South)!!

Thought for the day: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

Carry on.

No comments: