Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What's up Wednesday

Well, I did get up at 4:45 AM today to run. I felt like a zombie. Slept better last night than I had in days, though. All four of us were there once again. I don't think we'd all run together on Wed. morning since before TCM. Pictured below are Bruce, Mark, myself and Lisa. Looks like we're ready to 'glow' ... :-)

The four of us ran together for 4.91 miles then Lisa and Mark headed back to the Y. They're still getting over injuries. I ran another mile or so with Bruce towards his home and then headed back to the Y and around the golf course for a total of 10.15 miles. I felt good. BTW: There's lots of trash around the golf course, our adopted park location. More than I've seen there all year. If you're running by and heading running the loop counter-clockwise, it would be great if you could pick up a couple of pieces and drop them in the dumpster at the parking lot. Every litter bit helps.

The newsletter went to the printer on Monday. I'm hoping it's ready yet this week. I'll post both here and on the RTC website as to when it will be assembled. Hopefully this weekend before the busyness of next week. This one shouldn't take long.

My friend Mary makes wonderful pies. She used to bake the pies for the cafe at The Mouse and Marketplace. She made me a cherry pie yesterday. It was still warm when she gave it to me. She makes the best crust. Flaky, tender, yum. The three of us (including Jeanne, the cake baker, see yesterday's post) at one time thought of opening a bakery (just for a nanosecond or so). One does pie, one does cake, one does cookies. But we knew how much work it would be, how bad the hours would be, and nixed the idea. So now we bake and just give it away.

I'll take a piece of pie, a piece of cake, ... with a side of Lipitor, please. ;-)

I really enjoy sewing ... making quilts in particular. These are some of my favorites:





I have decided that I'm going to make a concerted effort to finish some of my UFOs (unfinished objects) and get back to sewing on a more regular basis. I have more quilting fabric than I will probably be able to use in my lifetime and it's time to make a dent in it. In fact, last night I finished up a little pillow that I'd embroidered a few years ago. A very stylized version of a turkey. I'll post a picture in my next post. It will fit with theme of that post.

I have another post that's been forumulating in my head for a few days. I'm going to work on that today. After I call StudentUniverse for Eric. It's some organization through which students are able to get airline fares at a reduced price. He and some friends have decided that when their Spanish school term ends in December they want to go to France for a few days. He said the ticket from Madrid to Paris would be 1 Euro (??). That's only about $1.50. Hmmm... Anyway, his Spanish cell phone does not allow him to call the states. I have to see whether they have any open seats for him to return to the States a few days later than originally scheduled.

Time to wrap this up.

Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL QUILTS! Renee, simply lovely! You are so talented!
Thanks for sharing :)
Kathy Z. M,