Sunday, December 19, 2010

WSW

WSW. Winter Storm Watch. Winter Storm Warning. We're in for another one starting at 6 AM tomorrow. Sooooo not what we need at this point. Enough is enough already.

About 30 friends gathered at my house Saturday morning for a chilly morning run ...


followed by ... food! Thank you John, Kristin, Laura and Pete for your delicious contributions. Pete made pancakes using his family recipe.


Friday morning, on the way home from St. Cloud, I stopped at Nelson Bros. at the Clearwater truck stop and picked up 3 HUGE donuts. Shane Thomas and Shane Thomas, who are training for their first half marathons, each ate one ...


and Andy took the third, as the prize for most miles for the morning (19).



We even had a guest runner, Kristina (Kristine? Christina?) from Chicago, who is training for the Houston marathon in January.



Believe it or not, a little bit of silliness ensued.



As always, it was a treat for me to have everyone gather here. Thanks guys!


After getting the house back in order, I took a nap and followed that with a 13.04 mile run. It was much more pleasurable than Friday's 15. I stayed on plowed, though still slippery, surfaces. And I thought the temp was very pleasant, even though it's been colder than normal. Two layers everywhere I was good to go. Thank goodness for my "warmest" mittens from Running Room. They're the only things that keep my hands warm. I pushed no vehicles on yesterday's run. :-)

Well, some of us are gathering at Panera for a few miles and smiles this morning so I guess I'll get out of my jammies and get ready to roll.

And so it goes ...

2 comments:

thijs.franssen@onsneteindhoven.nl said...

Stumbled onto your site because I have a Google-alert for "WSW", wich is the dutch sheltered employement law. And your site starts with WSW (Winter Storm Watch). Nevertheless, since I ended up on your page I thought I might as well read it. And I have to admit I'm always a little jealous the way american's do things collectively. Getting together in the morning for a run, some people organizing the food. Great! We europeans can learn something from your collectivines (sorry for my english!).
Thijs Franssen, Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Anonymous said...

Renee, why 13.04? for 100 meters more it's another half marathon! Anyway, now you've gained international recognitions!
To Thijs Franssen, I just visited Amsterdam 4 weeks ago and was able to run in Sloterpark on the outskirts. It is a beautiful country!

liz89@hotmail.com