Friday, December 24, 2010

Friends

Christmas eve started with a run on the once again snow-covered trails. Over 40 inches now for the month of December. The most snow in any since month EVER in Rochester. My attitude wasn't good. I've really had enough of the snow. It's hard work running in it (73 miles last week) and I slip a lot. I've been wearing my spikes (my right one fell off 4 times on the run from the Y ... finally just took it off) and they cause my right shoe to fold on the toe which has been causing rubbing on a toe and that nail is now filled with bloody fluid and is very sore. I still need to find a way to get that treadmill to my house so I have an alternative to running outside. After breakfast, John Shonyo gave me a pair of snowshoes to try.



Maybe I will enjoy being ON the snow rather than trudging IN the snow. I'll admit to needing an attitude adjustment. I got in just over a mile before meeting some other runners behind Brothers (which was closed ... bummer).


I ran with them up to the lake and then turned back so I could meet the guys at the Y at 8. Running down 3rd Ave SE I saw a few of them running east toward Slatterly Park. I finally caught them on the other side of the bridge and we made our way up to 4th St and then back to the Y. I had 6.9 miles in at this point. Another 5K with the guys and I'd have the 10 I'd planned on. At the Y were ...


Steve, Andrew, Dan, Don, Lonnie, K.C. and Kevin
Joining us later at Canadian Honker would be Mike and John. We ran the tradtional from-the-Y-5K course, but in reverse. Even if my attitude about the snow wasn't the best, it was a beautiful morning.

Steve
Arriving back at the Y, we each got out our 6 pack and lined 'em up on the back of Dan's car.






Then it was time to mix 'n match our own 6-pack. Here's what I ended up with:





When we were done, Dan presented K.C. with a little picture:



Very funny. :-) Then it was off to the Honker for breakfast.




I'd never eaten there before, but it was a very good breakfast and everyone else's looked good too. Out in the back parking lot, the late-comers got to do their exchange ...


After stopping by Jean and George's I went up to Great Harvest for some bread.


Matt played the trumpet at church today. The instrumentalists sounded great and church was packed. When I got home I discovered that my turkey was leaking fluid in the downstairs fridge. And I need to call a refrigerator repair person as there's been water pooling on the top shelves in the kitchen fridge and there's ice in the rear compartment in the freezer and there shouldn't be. And the fridge has been running very cold ... stuff in the back is freezing despite not having adjusted the temp setting. Argh. Eric decided to wait until tomorrow to come down from the cities as the roads are really bad up there. :-(

I pulled a Lou Malnati's cheese pizza out of the freezer for supper. I'd brought home a couple of them from Chicago back in October and decided this would be a good night to make one. It was very good.



After pizza and making a pumpkin pie, Matt and I turned on the movie Happy Feet. We both fell asleep. So I read the paper and now here I sit blogging. It's a very quiet Christmas eve. Enough of my pity party ... I have much to be thankful for and no matter what is going on in my life, Christmas is a day to celebrate.

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments: