Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I went for a wonderful 9-mile run this evening, plotting routes for Team R.E.D. here tomorrow night. It was just beautiful. Only 10 degrees, but negligible wind which doesn't happen very often in Rochester, MN. My hamstring was feeling really good. A VERY nice run. Sounds like the weather is going to be taking a nosedive, though.

TTLUABC (Test the LUABC route) is going to happen Saturday morning. A test run of the LUABC half marathon route. Meet at Mayo High School at 7:30. Probably gathering at Brothers after the run.

As I mentioned in the previous post, Team R.E.D. is meeting here tomorrow at 6 pm. Please feel free to join us, whether or not you are a Team R.E.D. member. I'd love a good crowd. I'm making calico beans, BBQ pork sandwiches and cookies. Bring a side if you wish. Address: 2026 Kal Lane SW, Rochester. Routes are 2 and 5+ miles, but running/walking is optional.

There were 9 of us here for book club last night.




Just about everyone brought dessert! And lots of it was cake! (Cheesecakes, raspberry cake, poppy seed cake (this is a to-die-for recipe) ...


cookies, candies, peanut brittle. I'd made some streuseled sweet potatoes and had some bread in the freezer and at the last minute threw together a salad so had something on the bottom of the food pyramid. :-)


Got to do something fun at work today ... tag some wine bottles for holiday gifts.



I'm also re-doing the website for the office.  Then my run, and some cookie baking. A better day.



Went to the doc this morning. My blood pressure was 112/72. Surprising, but good. I swam and lifted in the early AM. A guy in the next lane is a Mayo consultant and an ex-water polo player. It's fun to see him do his drills. He can make his way all the way down the lane with his hands above water and remain vertical. Even in the shallow end. And he does another drill where he just powers down the lane for a length.

It was a good day. And I needed that.

Good night.

No comments: