Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Catching Up ...

Sooooooo much to do. So little time. And it's not going to get better any time soon. Such a busy time of year. So ... last night (seems longer ago than that) was our holiday get-together for my Cooking Light group. We met at Kathryn's lovely home for appetizers and desserts. It was definitely heavy on the cheese and crackers but was all very delicious.






Jay and Joan were able to attend as special guests :-) which was very nice. They graciously host our group for a pizza-baking party each fall on their patio using their outdoor wood-fired oven. Jay made an awesome loaf of sourdough bread which Joan is holding. I'd say that's a magazine-worthy loaf of bread! Jay has kept his sourdough starter alive in a 50 degree wine cooler for the past 6 years.


I brought a strawberry angel food trifle again.



I think it's fair to say that a lovely time was had by all.


This car has been sitting in the street since sometime last week. I just had to take a pic ...


There's a little work to be done before that thing is going anywhere.

This afternoon I made a batch of chocolate mint cookies.


I delivered a few to the Kautz family. Brad's daughter was one of the people hit by the drunk driver on Broadway around Thanksgiving time.


Believe it or not, I'm low on cookies. I've eaten maybe 5 myself. Given the rest away. I need to make a few more to fulfull all my self-imposed cookie obligations. And Matt and I will make lefse one of these days. Speaking of cookies, Tom O' mentioned that he'd done the math sometime back in November and at that time, if I didn't bake another cookies for the rest of the year (NOT very likely to happen) I'd have baked 16 cookies a day for the whole year. Yikes. I think that sounds a bit obsessive ... don't you??!!

This evening was the monthly social get-together at Beetles. There were 10 of us there (John, Roger, me, Mike, Paul, Marv, Erin, Andy, Jim, Tom). And of course, laughter ensued.

Stay tuned for some of the big decisions we made this evening.

My friend Leslie passed along this link ... scarves made from recycled (washed!) T-shirts. Fun idea!

Well, it's been a very full day and tomorrow promises to be even more so. Happy last-day-of-work KC Reed!!

Good night.

No comments: