Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Full Day ...

... and it started with a nice 11.01 mile run at 6:45 AM. Saw Deb Dilling running, Mark Theuer getting his kids on the bus, and an Unknown Runner. Very pleasant, about 14 degrees, but the wind was back. Today, from the south hence the pleasant temps for the evening Team R.E.D run. More on that in a bit.

After work, I stopped to look at this Sole F83 treadmill that's $300 (brand new, still in the box). I'm going to buy it. I'll need 3 strong backs to help move it. The base is VERY heavy. (It's health club quality.) Hoping to do it after OSS on 12/18. If you can help me, cookies shall be your reward. :-) Tom said that he has a Schwinn Airdyne Comp for sale for $200. Also never been used ... except to verify that it works. If you're interested, contact me and I will get you in contact with Tom.

Then it was off to get my hair cut. I just about fell asleep in the chair. It's soooooo relaxing to have someone shampoo my hair.

Made a couple more batches of cookies this afternoon.

Peanut blossoms
 I think I put a couple pix on Facebook, but forgot to take some with the camera and certainly don't feel like doing it now. The other is a shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate and then walnuts. Tomorrow I'll do my snowflake cut-outs.

As I was getting ready for Team R.E.D. tonight it dawned on me that I have just about a whole R.E.D. outfit. I found these cute polka dot fur-trimmed sox at Target the other day. I don't think I'd have the nerve to wear this get-up though.


I think there were 25 at Team R.E.D. tonight at my house, which was a nice turnout.



It should have been a very nice evening for a run, though a tad slippery with the sleet that fell midday. There was plenty o'food.


And Jim Li stopped by on his birthday no less. So I cut him a piece of cake, put a candle on top, and we all sang Happy Birthday.


Meredith was literally shivering, so I turned the fireplace on for her and she eventually snuggled up in a blanket too, and finally warmed up. :-)





Andy found a way to sneak home with some cookies. In his cracker box. :-)


I'm going to call it a day ... good night.

No comments: