Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Nice!!

What a beautiful morning for a run. Very comfy temps so the wind wasn't bitterly cold. And what made it REALLY good? The company of good friends!!

Mike, Tom, Paul
Tom, Paul and I started at 7 bells (actually, I started at 6:35 and chatted with Tom Williamson on my first tour of the lake) and headed around the lake before meeting the others at 7:30. Noah was in town, after leaving Roch for medical school at UMD. It was like he never left. What a nice guy. :-)

Noah
 And Bri joined us. What a pleasant surprise!

Bri
 Jessica bought Mike a hat with a pony tail hole a while back, so I thought it was only fitting that it should be filled with a pony tail.

Mike's pony tail
We set out for another loop around the lake (my third for the morning!) and then towards town. I had to turn around at the railroad tracks cuz a train was coming and I was on a get-to-work-on-time schedule. It was a fun way to start the day. 8.00 miles.

Mike, Jim, Tom, me, Noah, Bri, Paul


Last night I ordered a Kurt Kinetic trainer. It's already in transit. Can't wait to get on it and start pedaling. I'm hoping to pick up up that treadmill this weekend. Fingers are crossed.

Lots of stuff going on these days, but managed to bake another batch of Peanut Sitting Pretties, a favorite of many.


Supper, in case you're interested? The ubiquitous salad ...


and baked potato soup (a Cooking Light recipe).


I was at Verizon this evening and decided to walk over to Trader Joe's for a couple of things (one which was gone). That parking lot was a zoo. Chucky Cheese's has opened and again there were 2 officers directing traffic. There were cones indicating that only a right turn was allowed when entering the parking lot. I just had to laugh at all the people that were completely flummoxed at the sight of those cones. The officers were literally yelling at them, "Right! Turn right!" I smiled as I walked by the officers and said something about "this madness" and we chatted for a second. They waved and smiled as I drove out. :-)

Running opportunites for the next few days:
  • 9:15 AM Thursday at the Y for "a few" miles. Joe and Mike and I and whomever else shows up. I'll be fresh out of the free weights and the pool with nasty looking goggle eyes. :-(
  • Noon Thursday at the Y. I'm meeting the "cookie guys" with one last batch of holiday cookies.
  • 6 PM Thursday at Dooley's. Team R.E.D. is going caroling "with a twist". Of lime that is ...
  • 7 AM Saturday at the back door of Brothers. 10 miles with Liz Jaben. First annual. :-)
  • 8 AM Saturday at the Y. The annual "bottled brewed fluid exchange/5K/Brothers breakfast" extravaganza.
  • 7:30 AM Sunday at Panera south.
  • 8 AM New Year's Day at Brothers.
Wow! Busy. 60 miles for me since last Friday. I do believe it'll go over 70 ...

Toodles.

No comments: