Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Busy ...

I had a tough day yesterday; hence, no post. My blog is my happy place, and I was not happy. Very short on sleep today after just 3 hours last night, but I will be OK ...

Yesterday was the final drop day for Cookies of the Month for 2010. At the Y at noon were ...


Tom Claymon, K.C. Reed (retiring next week!) and Jim Martinson.

Supper last night at about 8:00 after I got off the Stairmaster ... salad. And bread.


Book Club is coming to my house this evening. I actually finished the book on the Stairmaster this morning. We read The Girls from Ames. I enjoyed it and could really relate to some of it.

Thursday, Team R.E.D. is gathering at my house at 6:00 PM. Please join us. I'll come up with some routes sometime in the next day or so. The paths aren't plowed on West Circle Drive so the options are a bit limited, but I'll make something work. Please feel free to stop by (2026 Kal Lane SW) and check out Team R.E.D. No membership required. There will be 2 to 6 mile routes to walk or run if you so choose, otherwise just stop it to chat and/or eat. I'll make BBQ pork sandwiches and cookies. Bring something to share if you like, but that's not required either.

Mike Schmitt called me on the way to work yesterday to say that Trader Joe's wasn't that busy. So I stopped by after leaving the Y at noon to check it out.


 There were 2 police officers in the parking lot directing traffic


and a lot of people in the store, but it wasn't quite the chaos I thought it would be. I'm very glad to have TJs in Rochester. I picked up a few things.


I made a poppy seed cake with 7-minute frosting for book club tonight. I'm also going to make a Cooking Light sweet potato dish. Anyway, I really like 7-minute frosting, and it's not that bad for you ... fat free (egg whites and sugar is basically it).



Well, there's still more to do before my friends arrive. Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Always willing to help a fellow foodie ;-)