Friday, December 10, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm

Apparently, we're in for a doozy of a winter storm. Blizzard, actually. I wasn't planning on being in Rochester tonight, but here I sit. Blogging. And baking. I went to Kwik Trip to fill up on gas as I had only a 1/4 tank and from the sounds of the forecast, it's supposed to get well below zero in the next couple days and I like to have more than a half tank in that situation. And ... it's no fun to pump gas in those conditions either. Apparently, great minds think alike.


Every pump at Kwik Trip was occupied.

And I've been baking. AGAIN. 55 unique snowflakes that took for.e.ver to decorate.


 I put these luster pearls on the end of each snowflake and that was pretty putsy. And time consuming.


And in the middle of all this, my decorating bag exploded.


I was using royal icing which hardens like concrete in minutes. So I had to scurry to find another bag. All I had was disposable, but it worked.


This morning brought a very nice 15.01 mile run. Two loops of my 7.25 mile "around the hill" loop and then another half mile. It wasn't fast, but it was a very pleasant run. And I didn't need any yak trax, spikes, etc. Tomorrow morning's TTLUABC (Test The Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer) run has been postponed until 1/8 due to the impending storm. Tomorrow, OSS will run at 7:30 at Panera for a shortened route. I'm not sure yet whether I'll venture out. Depends on how terrible the streets look. The Stairmaster is my back-up plan. If I do run, I'll have some cranberry muffins for general consumption.
 
 
It's the first time I've tried this recipe, and it's a good one.
 
Stay safe this weekend. Good night.

No comments: