Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday ... Food, Food, and More Food

The morning kicked off with lifting and an hour swim at the Y. It's been on the quiet side at the pool this week which has been nice. No lane sharing required. And my goggle eyes weren't as bad as usual. Monday they were horrendous. Really bad. Huge rings around my eyes for several hours.

At noon we had a little pizza party at the office. Alex Morgan from Soft Rock Y105.3 delivered two BB's Pizzeria pizzas.

Bad pic ... I look very puffy :-(

Meat Lovers and BBQ Chicken
I'd thought I'd probably getting a veggie pizza as the second one as Alex didn't know if they had BBQ chicken on the menu, but she came through. It's my fave. Same thing at Nick 'n Willy's ... my fave is Lil' Nell's BBQ Chicken. Alex's daughter Brooklyn was her delivery assistant and was happy to pick out a cookie for the road.


Tom O' joined me for a little 'za. I kept it to one piece of BBQ chicken.


Jeff joined us for a few minutes 'til the phone pulled him away.


Then it was off to Sam's Club for some healthy food. And a cookbook.


Mid-afternoon I went for a nice 7.02 mile run. There's even a little bare pavement here and there! Very pleasant temps in the low 30's but a pretty stiff south wind. When I got home I scraped most of the ice off the driveway since it had softened a little. My shoulders were tired after the lifting and swimming and really tired after scraping the driveway. All good though.

Finally, I decided to make Asparagus Red Pepper Soup for supper. Starts with leek, asparagus, potato and red pepper.


Add some vegetable stock.


Add s/p, Balsamic vinegar and fat-free half and half. Then puree with an immersion blender.


 And of course, a salad.


Very tasty supper.

I'm now a Facebook friend with Carrie Tollefson. I think that's pretty cool. :-)

Running options for the rest of the week: Joe Ryan is running from the Y at 9:15 Thursday. Byron Team R.E.D. is running from the Bear's Den in Byron at 6 PM Thursday. Liz has organized a 6:30 AM run from Panera on Friday. And OSS is running from Brothers at 8 AM Saturday. And  ... the Resolution Run 5K is 11 AM Saturday. Only a few XL or XXL jackets left however. No race day registration. I hope I haven't forgotten anything ...

Have a wonderful tomorrow, whenever it is that you read this. Good night ...

No comments: