Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yup, Still Alive

Raining here this morning. :-( But that's OK.

Just a quick post ... did my long run Friday morning (16.12). Ran 8.01 yesterday (with a few "quick" miles thrown in) and a few "quick" miles during the early miles of my long run. Feeling OK, but I know Boston is not going to be a PR. I'd certainly be happy with a (BAA revamped) BQ, but I'll take a finisher's medal any day.

Bart Yasso posted this on Facebook about a week ago. I think it's interesting:

My half marathon workout predictor, 20 X 400 with a 200 recovery jog. Do the 400s in your half marathon goal time.


And Bart on Marathon finishing times:

Out of my 15 marathons, the formula failed only once, making the 800s a good predictor for my marathon finish time.

Here's a link to the theory behind "Yasso 800s".

Pat Brown forwarded me an email recently about the "Real Meaning of Words". I thought some of the photos were pretty powerful:

LOVE



DEPARTURE



SORROW




INNOCENCE


Sorry this is so short ...

No comments: