Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ugly

Not a good run this morning. In the end, I covered 20.14 miles, but I had to do some walking to get it done. The first 8 went fine. I ran with Andy and Trevor after running 1.2 by myself. At about the 10 mile point, on Elton Hills Drive, I started feeling dizzy. And it didn't get any better. I didn't bring any bars, gels, etc. What was I thinking? Actually, I wasn't thinking. And I wasn't well hydrated. Not even close. I slowed down but kept moving, sometimes at a snails pace. At the water stops, I had a couple slices of banana and some gummy worms at Tim's stop. And I drank Gatorade. It was enough to get me back to the RAC. Only having half my pancreas, I get concerned about my blood sugars, especially during exercise. I took the 14th St/Assisi Heights way back as I don't like finishing on 7th St. I also neglected to take any pictures this morning before or during the run. Just one of those days. One of those weeks. But I guess I'm none the worse for wear. Just tired.


It was nothing that a long, hot shower, some Diet Coke and banana bread couldn't cure. But I AM ready to have a good day one of these days ... No water in the basement. No locking myself OUT and my keys, purse and phone IN. A laptop mouse that works (after working for 24 hours, it's again back to not working). No broken handle on the storm door. No leaking refrigerator. Nothing. Nothing but a good day. That'd be sweet. Really sweet ... (I know, I know ... life could be worse. A LOT worse. I have much to be thankful for.) Tomorrow morning (Sunday), I think I'll run a few with the crew at Panera. Nice and easy. Relaxing.

I made some cookies for the boys today. Double chocolate. The Killer Recipe.


Ordered the medals for the Fetzer. Tried to locate an appraiser in Moorhead. Did laundry. Read 6 Post-Bulletins. Took a nap. Got a Nick 'n Willy's Roman Pesto Feta pizza at Eric's request.



I'd never had it before. It was indeed tasty. Pesto. Feta. Tomatoes. Artichokes. Made a blueberry pie for and delivered it to LaRee.


Eric bought a sweatshirt today and he wanted to slit open the neckline and wanted me to do that and then secure all the edges, etc. So I did that for him. He was very happy with it.


Something I should do, but haven't yet, is replace the driver's side wiper blade on my car. It's REALLY bad. And it's the worst right in my field of vision. I guess I keep thinking it'll somehow magically get better.


I'll take care of it. Tomorrow. :-)

I've been going through all my stuff deciding what to keep, what to throw, what to give away. Here's a little trip down vinyl memory lane ...










I have quite an eclectic collection. Everything from Sesame Street to Norwegian Christmas carols to Emerson, Lake and Palmer. It might be the wrong decision, but I'm going to keep the vinyl.

It's been a while since I've closed with a quote or thought for the day. I think I'll close this out with some lyrics from the wonderful show WICKED:

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

(Elphaba) It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend... (For Good lyrics.)

Good night, friends.

No comments: