Friday, March 11, 2011

This 'n That

Morning workout: run to the Y, lift, swim 2400 yards, run. Nice chats with Willie in the Fitness Center and Leslie in the pool. I forgot to mention a little tidbit about yesterday's Progressive Run: during the fourth mile, I stopped at the porta-potty at the fire station and thought I hit the stop button on my Garmin. But maybe I hit the lap button. In any case, my Garmin kept running so I had to start that mile over. I was .61 into it. :-(

Tomorrow's LONG run is going to be interesting. There's a wind advisory starting at midnight and the worst of the winds (40-45 mph) are supposed to be in the morning. Wonderful. Wanna see the route? Check Dan's Blog. Don't forget to set your clocks ahead an hour before you go to bed tomorrow night ...

Tom Williamson passed along this photo. His daughter gave him this display for his marathon medals. More options are available at Athletic Displays.


Found at Wal-mart ... the Hershey's Speedy Bunnies.


I buy these for the 2-mile awards each year. Usually at Fleet Farm, but they didn't have them. Fun for runners. :-)

I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies today for various reasons. I put the first pan in the oven and after 3 or 4 minutes it dawned on me that I hadn't put in the vanilla, salt, baking soda or baking powder. So I quick took the cookie sheet out of the oven and sure enough ... no leavener. They were on there way to becoming little hockey pucks. They weren't set yet, so I scooped up the cookies on the pan and mushed them all together (I'd not put chips in these 9 cookies so there was no melted chocolate involved) and put the lump in the freezer to cool down. When cool I added it to the rest of the dough along with the missing ingredients and baked it off. It worked. Without thinking, I broke off a piece of one and put it in my mouth. (I'm not eating chocolate.) When I realized what I'd done, I spit it out. I didn't swallow. :-) All good.



Lunch? Yogurt with Honey Bunches of Oats and a piece of bread.


This evening I decided to make a loaf of steel cut oat bread so I'd have a little more substance to my meal before tomorrow morning's slogfest.


It's delish. Especially with some of my raspberry jam. I also roasted some more asparagus and made a salad.


Enough for today. Enjoy your weekend.

Good night ...

No comments: