Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thank You



Thank you Fetzer volunteers! I have pretty much a full contingent now. Thank you Joe Moyer for being the lead biker for the 2-mile and recent water stop volunteers (Julie Reiland, Kris Stevens and son, Georgia, Tiffany). You guys rock. I'll be sending out detailed info early next week. There's still room for LOTS of runners. Not too many familiar names signed up so far ... One, who's coming all the way from NC, is Mark Carey! It'll be fun to see him again. He's so speedy. One thing I still need help with ... hauling stuff. I think I'll have to make multiple trips to Sam's Club to buy fluids and food. There's only so much my Honda can hold. I'll definitely need help getting 1) equipment from the shed, and 2) hauling everything down to the school. If you have a pick-up or minivan and could help out, please give me a shout. Thanks much.

Sorted through the Fetzer medals and engraving yesterday. The engraving order got messed up. Naturally. Seems like nothing can go without a hitch these days. I looked through my leftover medals from previous years and I only had to order two replacement engraving plates.

Yesterday afternoon I discovered there was no more milk in the house when I needed to make the Dream Whip to go in the pie I was making for book club.


It was really nice out (50'ish and not windy) so I decided to put on a backpack and run down to Kwik Trip (literally) for milk. While I was there, I ordered the bananas for Fetzer. I added on a few more when I got home for a total of 5.04. I ran in shorts, a l/s shirt, no hat, gloves. Yee ha!! Spring is in the air, and on porches,


Sheila's porch

even if there IS snow in the forecast for next week. Spotted when I got home was my most recent neighborhood wildlife sighting ... wild turkeys.



I finished up the pie, adding a few blueberries to the strawberry topping.


Yesterday's morning workout: run 4 miles, lift, swim 55 min freestyle. I had a good swim. Finally was the fastest one in the pool. Rarely happens.

There were lots of desserts at book club last night. Cheesecake, cookies, carrot cake and my pie.



Daube's carrot cake for Sheila's 60th b-day

There'd been a lack of healthy type food at book club so I decided to make a spinach salad as I was craving a salad. Glad I did. Both my dishes went over very well. :-) I didn't want to bring any pie home and I was pretty much successful.





Nancy brought the two quilts she's made in the last month. They're very nice.



Jean and I met for lunch today at Bilotti's (never been there before!) to go over volunteer info. She's my volunteer checker-iner which is a huge burden lifted on race day.

Pizza Margherita (a "light" pizza)

Goofy pic

Tom O'Leary is on the phone : )

Today's workout: 11.06 miles. Might get on the bike yet today if I have time before leaving for the evening. I'll probably meet Joe Ryan at the Y at 9:15 tomorrow morning for an 8-miler. I'll swim and lift first.

My Boston jacket arrived today. Sweet. BTW: This one runs small. (And it's not just my heft ... the same size from adidas in previous years is STILL larger.) I wish it was embroidered rather than printed.




Well, I'm getting of posting. Going to wrap this up. Toodles.

No comments: