Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Hills are Alive

First off ... Happy 40th Birthday Lisa P.!!! We'll celebrate this weekend. And she requested cookies. Of course I will oblige!!

I meandered down to the SW hills this afternoon/evening to run a few. I'd already put in 2 hours on the Stairmaster today, so didn't know how it'd go. But I got in 10 repeats of the 10th St SW hill (with just a short recovery), 2 repeats of 9th Ave and the 3 hills on the way home for a total of 15 hills and 6.51 miles. The arch on my left foot was a little sore so I walked the downhills. It's feeling fine right now. Running hills: Andy, Liz, Paul, Tom O', Jim Li and a couple gals I didn't know. Spotted walking her dog: a visibly pregnant Sawra!! You look great. :-)

When I got home, I counted 24 robins in the crabapple trees. Spring-like weather should be arriving any week (or month or whatever) now.





I still have 3' piles of snow next to the driveway that need to melt off. Some nice warm seasonal temps would sure help!



A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has volunteered for Fetzer. With the volunteers I've gotten in the last 24 hours (the most recent being Jenny Hartmann ... thank you Jenny!) I'm in pretty good shape for the race. I'd like to have a lead biker for the 2-mile and a couple more people at each water stop. I've got 4 people at each one now, but I'd like a couple more. I also added a third water stop at Soldier's Field right before the turnaround. If you'd like to be the lead biker or a water stop volunteer, please let me know. Thank you. A long-sleeved T-shirt and homemade cookies will be your reward. Medals arrived. They're not the ones I wanted but they'll do I guess. I'll have a mix of two different kinds of medals. :-( But I'll make it work.

Tomorrow is another busy day: Getting my teeth cleaned, having a guy from Hiller's carpet come measure the office and book club in the evening. We're discussing Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. I think I will bring a strawberry pie. I've got the crust chilling in the fridge.

Thursday I'm going to a presentation about a new tool about submitting info for the sports writers at the Post-Bulletin at 6:00. Team R.E.D. is gathering at Brothers in Rochester at 6:00.

TriRochester is having a kickoff meeting on Saturday evening at Rochester Cycling & Fitness. 6:00 I believe. All are welcome to attend whether or not you are a member. I believe pizza is on the menu.


I think I will go back to Portland, ME after the Boston Marathon again this year. I had a great time last year and I'd like to go back. Maybe Suzy (Susie?) from St. Paul is still serving at the Miss Portland Diner!! That'd be fun.

Well, I'm going to read the paper and then get back to putting engraving on medals and sorting them out.

Toodles.

No comments: