Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hey There!!


There's spring in the air. I can feel it. I can see it. I like it.

Team R.E.D. is gathering tonight ... and it's St. Pat's Day!! I'm sure there be lots of rabble-rousing going on. Check out all the Team R.E.D. info on the Team R.E.D. blog.

Saturday will once again bring some early miles. 6 @ 6:15, actually. RAC parking lot

The BAA has assigned bib numbers for this year. They're based on qualifying times. I've been assigned bib number 13213 which puts me in wave 2 (numbers 9,000 to 17,999). So I've strictly average. But I already knew that ... The way my running is going, it's going to be a decidedly below-average marathon. S-l-o-w.

Jim Mason is thinking of adding a 50K to the Chester Woods line-up in June. More info on Chester Woods Trail Run blog.

Groupon was offering half price Running Room gift certificates ($50 for $25) so I bought two. Good deal. I love getting stuff for half price (assuming I'll actually use it ... and I will!)

Enjoy your day!!

2 comments:

katie said...

Hey Renee,

I was wondering about the saturday morning run tomorrow, I am going to try to make it for my first time ever! but, do people listen to music or talk to others while running? just curious-so I can come prepared in the am! hopefully i can get myself out of bed and drive to rochester to get in a long run with others instead of the monotony of running by myself all the time!
thanks, katie m.

Ramblin' Renee said...

Hi, Katie. Sorry I didn't see this in time. I wasn't at the Saturday run this week, but I hope you gave it a try. Some people listed to music, but I would have to say the majority chat with others. It's a great way to meet some new people and it makes the miles go much faster than running by yourself. If you run at the RAC in the future, please introduce yourself. I'd love to meet you!