Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jean!

It's Jean's birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEAN!! So we got dressed up ...


and Jean and Amy came over for a few minutes, and a few sips of Jean's Portuguese wine (which I said tasted a lot like Port ... cuz it turns out it was!), before we we met Laura at ...



for dinner.


I had the pork medallions with rhubarb chutney, Jean had the seafood gumbo, and Laura and Amy had something that sounded very interesting ... barracuda. It was firm and flaky, and I have to say, tasty. Ostrich was also on the menu. (I look very hunched over in this photo. DISLIKE.) It was my first time @ Prescott's. Their bread was delicious. My meal was OK.


I brought half of it home. Next time I think I will try the roasted beets over butternut squash ravioli. Sounds like a delightful combination. Since it was Jean's birthday, she got free "fire roasted white chocolate" ice cream which we all split. It was very good.




Hope you had a wonderful day, Jean! I'm sure glad I got to celebrate with you. :-)

This morning I was putting on a pair of tights before going to work and I pulled something in my lower back. Totally frustrating. So now I don't know if I'll be able to run in the AM. Might have to do my long run later in the weekend or even Monday. I managed to run a mile this afternoon and it felt ok, but very slow, after I got going. Getting going was a little tough. Amy told me how to stretch it out, which I will do soon.

This afternoon I got my hair cut and highlighted which makes for a good day. I decided to put on my 2008 Boston Marathon Image Impact jacket, which also makes me feel good. I like those Image Impact jackets. I wish they still made them.


I had a little makeup session at a cosmetic counter at a large department store on Wednesday. I have to say, the end result WASN'T me. I don't even want to post the photos I have. I always have red, ruddy cheeks (the only makeup I have on is eyeshadow and mascara)



and she put on some foundation that specifically covers redness. When I looked in the mirror, I thought I was looking at a corpse. And the way she did my eyes, and the amount of makeup sitting in my wrinkles, aged me drastically. Totally not me. I might give this idea another shot, but heavy make-up is not going to be part of my daily routine any time soon. It's just not me. I temporarily put a close-up of my eyes in this post. Had to take it out. Don't want to scare you ...

It's late, I'm tired, and I'm going to bed. Good night ...

No comments: