Monday, March 7, 2011

Slow News Day

Really not too much to report on today. Morning workout: ran to the Y, lifted, swam a mile and a half, ran home. Legs felt pretty good. It felt really nice to be in the pool after about 10 days off. Had a nice swim and the time passed quickly. It was also quiet in the pool, which was nice.I used a latex cap from a triathlon instead of my usual silicone cap which lets too much water into my ears. What a nice change. I'm going to keep using it. It's bright red with white SCHEELS on the side. 6 PM workout: Week 4 TriRochester bike workout. NOTHING makes me work up a sweat like those workouts. My quads scream for mercy. I love it.

Here's a Tom O' pic of me from snowshoeing yesterday. What a (fun) workout.


A few chose to limbo under the tree.

News from the BAA: The Boston Marathon start will have 3 waves this year, with about 9,000 in each wave. Nice. Wonder which wave I'll be in ... 3, maybe 2 is my guess. It's based on qualifying time. Mine was 3:33 which is probably in the slower half of the pack.

Tuesday at 10 AM, Charter Main Street has The Bear's Den gift certificates for half price. Don't dilly dally. If you want these half price deals, you almost always have to be on the second they're up for sale.

I think I'm going to give up chocolate for lent. I'm not Catholic, but I see the value in giving up something I enjoy for 40 days. This would also eliminate most cookies I bake from my diet. (BTW: I've really slowed down on the cookie baking this year compared to last.) My metabolism seems to have come to a screeching halt since I turned 50. I haven't changed my eating habits, I work out A LOT, but I feel like a blimp. I gotta do something. Maybe eliminating chocolate will help.

Supper: roasted broccoli ....


and a salad. I was at Sam's Club this afternoon and bought one of those roasted chickens. I've never had one before and it looked good. And Matt can help me eat it. :-) So I chopped up some of that and put it on my salad.

This afternoon at the office, I uninstalled the hard drive on my old computer so the tower can be recycled (virtually for free) at Best Buy. Not sure what we'll do with the hard drive. Best Buy said they used to drill a hole through the middle of them but they don't do that any more. You have to uninstall it yourself before bringing it in.

Don't forget ... tomorrow at 6 PM at Brothers. I WILL bring cookies. :-) I believe there will be some hill running going on at 5:30 PM, indoor track between 5 and 5:30 PM if you want a workout. I'm planning on going to the track in the morning. Matt and a friend are going to perform tomorrow evening at the open mike at The Viking Lounge. I'd LOVE to stop by. His friend Katie is going to play the ukelele and she wants him to play the piano. Fun.

Well, that's it for today. Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwww vegetables! I hate them all but that sure looks like asparagus to me.
~Leslie