Sunday, March 27, 2011

So Proud

Matt had his senior trumpet recital this afternoon.



He's a music education major. He did just great. We were all so proud. His first piece (3 movements from 19 Norwegian Folk Songs by Edvard Grieg) was a quartet.


The next three (Concerto in D by Giuseppe Torelli, Sonata for Trumpet and Piano by Halsey Stevens and Rondo for Life by Leonard Bernstein) were solo, accompanied by Dr. Brisson on piano.


The Halsey Stevens piece was very long and very difficult. But he mastered it. After the recital there was a reception. I can't believe I didn't take any photos of all those cookies. Guess I was too busy making and pouring punch. :-( I used the punch bowl that was my mom's.


Afterwards we went to Jefferson's for a bite to eat. I had a cup of chili with corn bread and a house salad.


Back to the morning. There were 7 deer out front eating the fallen crab apples.


Shortly thereafter, I was off to Panera to run with whomever showed up. It was ... Jean, John, Laura, Tom, Kristin, Dave and myself.


We ran out the Cascade Lake trail and I noticed that the red-winged blackbirds are already out. I DO.NOT.LIKE those birds.


Dave, Kristin, Laura, Tom
I got in 10.00 miles. My back is not bothering me while running though it isn't quite 100% yet. But better every day. The medial side of my left foot hurts though. Always something it seems.

I got the final Boston Marathon mailing from the BAA yesterday. Haven't opened it yet. Typical race info I'm sure as well as packet pickup card.

Fetzer notes: today is the last day to register at the reduced price. You still have a couple of hours!! Thank you to those who have volunteered to help in the last couple of days. I REALLY appreciate it. Still need more though, especially at water stops.

Good night bleaders.

No comments: