Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well, at least the Vikings showed up to play today. The Giants sure didn't. I only saw the second half of the game, but it was pretty ho-hum if you ask me. But I'll take the win.

While watching the game, I was going through old school papers of the boys. I'm still in the mood to purge stuff. It was fun looking through their old art projects, math papers, handwriting examples. Actually, I think their penmanship was better when they were in second grade! This runner has Nike shoes on.


I like the bold colors in this one. I could even see framing it.


So cute!!


Warms my heart.



I used to collect all things Noah's Ark. But I'm just not into crafts any more so most of it needs to go. I am keeping this 3-D ark that I painted, though.


I painted this, too. It's going.



My workout today was my usual Sunday workout: run to the Y, lift, swim for an hour, run home. The run really wasn't too bad. I think it was single digits above zero. Spotted at the pool today was the Strain family (William and Wes were pretty excited about going to the water park!) and Michael and Ian Torchia. Dan and I talked for a couple minutes while he swam a few laps and I chatted with Michael for a minute. He's a senior but has another year of (running) eligibility so he's got another year left. We comiserated about the weather.

Team R.E.D. news and notes: Track workout at the RCTC indoor track on Tuesday at 5:30 PM. Team R.E.D. run/social hour at Bears' Den on Thursday.

There's a Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer story in the latest Rochester magazine.



Price reduction! Kwik Trip lowered the price of bananas (and potatoes and onions) to 38 cents a pound from 49 cents. :-)

Supper tonight was potato soup. Tasted wonderful on a cold day.



 Tomorrow I'm going to try the Butternut Squash Lasagna recipe that Amy suggested. I baked a batch of cookies (count=65).



There's still an opening in the Cookie of the Month for 2010. Email me if you're interested. I donate the cookies and the $ goes to prize $ for the Fetzer 20K (my race, April 10). I still need some more guesses for the 2010 Cookie Count Contest! Email me the number of cookies you think I'll bake this year and you might win a batch of cookies! It's as easy as that. I decided to make a different recipe for Lana in TX ... Oatmeal Super Chocolate Chunk. I'll make them in the morning and then get them right off to the Post Office.

Quote for the day: "Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation." --Kin Hubbard

Stay warm.

No comments: