Wednesday, January 13, 2010

There But by the Grace of God Go I

Such terrible, terrible devastation in Haiti. Such an impoverished country to begin with, and now this. If those images don't tear at your heartstrings, I don't know what would. Just a reminder that used (but wearable) running shoes (with the laces tied together) can be dropped off at Running Room in the bin. They are shipped to a mission in Haiti. They will be needed now more than ever. A couple of friends of mine (sisters, actually) are involved with the mission, and one of them is currently in Haiti. We found out today that she is safe, though they slept outside last night because of the danger of something falling on them. It sounds like the need for food and water is desperate and they are trying to get a crew in to rescue them. But EVERYONE down there needs our prayers and support as we are able.

I had a fairly low-key day. Thank you Ben Lyndgaard for letting me know that my name was in the STrib (Mpls. Star-Tribune). Way cool. :-) One more bit of Zoom!Yah!Yah! business. From a fellow runner: "If you think of it and she is willing, do you think the cookie recipes could be shared? I had the choc chunk pecan oatmeal and they were so GOOD! Best ever cookie. I will probably sign up for next year just for those cookies. Maybe my medal could be a cookie instead!" Made my day. I tell you ... flattery will get you everywhere. And definitely ... more cookies!!

Kathryn and I had a working lunch at Panera. I had the You-Pick-Two consisting of a half turkey sandwich (mustard, no mayo!) and half BBQ chicken salad (a current fave of mine).



They have 3 new salmon choices (Mediterranean Salmon Salad, Salmon Caesar Salad, Salmon Club Croissant).

I made a loaf of Nutella Bread for Ron Giles. He's a big Nutella (hazelnut/chocolate spread) fan.



 He TOTALLY earned it by running (very quickly) 150 laps, and 600 corners, around the track on Sunday. He earned every bite of this loaf and was so excited to get it.



 I'm going to get a foodie review from him tomorrow. I'll let'cha know what he says. :-)

Want 6 free samples of Nescafe/Tasters' Choice coffees? Click here.

I've got a massage scheduled for Friday at 10:15 at Healing Touch. I can't wait!! It's a whole 60 blissful minutes ...

OK. Running Stuff. Remember to RSVP for the RTC Annual Banquet on 2/6. RSVPs are due next Friday, 1/22. More info on the RTC website. Social (half) hour, meal, speaker, awards, door prizes, ... You know the drill. It's always a very enjoyable evening and I'm sure this one won't disappoint.

I believe I will give running a try tomorrow (Thursday) evening with Byron Team R.E.D. at the Bears' Den in Byron at 6 pm. BTW: The Bears' Den is on the west edge of the grocery store on the Highway 14 frontage road. I'll be there with a new, well shorter anyway, 'do'. I get my hair cut after work. LOVE getting my hair shampooed by someone else. Makes me so relaxed.

From Paul Christian: Registration for the 2010 Grandma's Marathon begins Thursday, Jan. 14 at 12:01 a.m. (CST). Visit http://www.grandmasmarathon.com/ starting Thursday to register for the event’s 34th running which is set for Saturday, June 19 at 7:30 a.m. Registration for the half marathon begins February 7. That one is a lottery.

From Dan Valentine: "Hello fellow triathletes. I ran across this tri clinic Gear West is having on February 7th. 6 hour long classes for $20 and you can chose what classes you want. Seems like a good deal to me. Info. at the following link http://www.facebook.com/l/01e61;gearwestbike.com/articles/gear-west-university-pg178.htm"

Happy January Birthdays to ... Jon Arnold, Darald Bothun, Larry Burgart, Anne Dennison, Peg Dokken, Char Floen, Marcia Garvens, Joe Gilbert, Rachel Hammer, Pam King, Ed Maslowski, Mark Mueller, Chris O'Brien, Reggie Oeltjen, Randy Price (milestone), Teresa Pruszynski, Daniel Roellinger (milestone), Joe Ryan, Jill Scheid, Mike Schmitt, Taran Schneider, Brian Schomisch, John Shonyo (milestone), Rebecca Steinhoff, Gordy Strickland, Teresa Walter (milestone), Dick Westerlund, Eric Woodford, Janine Yanisch, Julie Yost. Happy, happy!! We'll be having a little birthday celebration at Brothers on Saturday for a certain someone who's having a certain milestone birthday on Saturday. Muffins are the requested sweet. Please come and help celebrate, whether or not you run the LUABC route first. We should get there 9:20, 9:30'ish.

Well, that's it for Wednesday. Quote for the day: "It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness." --Seneca

Go. Be. Do.

No comments: