Thursday, January 21, 2010

Slip Sliding Away

It's treacherous out there today. Lots of schools cancelled or late. The parking lot at work was like an ice rink. But I stayed upright.

Congratulations to St. Cloud River Runner Tim Wolfram for being the male winner of the Marathon Sports Gear for a Year contest.



Ellen and I went out for lunch yesterday and decided on Newt's instead of City Cafe. Jean Murray happened to be having lunch there as well. I had the grilled chicken sandwich. We had a very nice lunch.



Team R.E.D. is holding their weekly get together at the indoor RCTC track instead of outside due to the weather conditions. 6:00 PM tonight (Thursday).

Off-Season Striders will meet at 7:30 AM at Dunn Bros. north on Saturday morning. Route/mileage TBD. I've decided not to go up to run the Securian half marathon in St. Paul as the weather forecast sounds like a carbon copy of today. So I'll be at Dunn Bros. With spikes on my shoes. : )

RSVPs for the Rochester Track Club banquet on February 6 are due tomorrow, Friday January 22. More info on the RTC website.

I met a gal, Kathy, at Zoom!Yah!Yah! who makes T-shirt quilts. If you're interested, here's her website: http://www.whitedogquilting.com/

Morning workout both today and yesterday: Stairmaster. Yesterday, my legs didn't need any more pounding. Today, too slippery outside. Hoping to run to the Y and swim tomorrow morning.

Drive carefully. Run cautiously. Be safe.

No comments: