Monday, January 18, 2010

Dr. King

Martin Luther King: Let's not forget what Dr. King did to further the cause of civil rights, and equality for all Americans regardless of the color of their skin. Today, and every day.


I had a really good workout this morning. One of those "zen" runs that felt really, really good. I left the house hoping to run about 10 miles. I decided to run out Salem Road to the west and then turn south on Mayowood Road running towards the closed bridge. I continued east to Bamber Valley School and after almost getting schmucked by a car that wasn't paying attention (acutally, the driver wasn't paying attention!) decided to run up Lenwood Heights Dr.. We used to run hill repeats on this hill now and again. So for old times sake, I ran 5 hill repeats. It's a good little hill for repeats ... .13 in length which is just about right. Then I headed up 18th Ave to Merrihills and run ... yup, more hills!Totally useless information: what make of vehicle did I see the most of on that little stretch of road? Honda. 1 Accord. 2 Pilots. 3 CRVs. :-) Merrihills Dr, Hilltop Dr, Crest Lane, ... then headed back home to ... another hill! Fox Valley Dr SW, which is a long one. About 10 hills in total and 10.75 miles. No wind. 15 degrees. Really, really nice. I think I'll keep this route on the agenda for the future.

There was a beautiful hoarfrost this morning. Lots of moisture in the air. Even in my headlamp I could see the suspended particles of moisture. My lashes were just covered with frost as well.






This afternoon I went to Sam's Club and stocked up on healthy food:


Fingerling potatoes, greens, carrots, grapes, berries, peppers, tomatoes. p-butter, ... yum, yum, yum.

On the docket for tomorrow: swim in the a.m. and then do some 1/4 miles on the RCTC track at 5:30 p.m. I'll bring the rest of the oatmeal/dried cherry cookies that I made yesterday.


Here's the promised photo of my HUGE pile of stuff that has been removed from my sewing room. Yikes. I'm so embarrased.



But it's just not going to get used by me any more, so I might as well get rid of it. I was in charge of the Christmas craft bazaar at my boys' school for many years, along with my friend Jeanne. But I'm just not into crafts any more, so it might as well go to a good home. So out it goes.

Here us another decoration on my sewing room wall that Matt made many, many years ago. :-) It's taped together.


And I found these tucked away in a corner when I was vacuuming.


This 2003 poster hangs on one wall. All the runners' names are superimposed on the photo, half on each side of the poster.



Well, I think I'm out of news. Kind of a slow day.

Quote for the day: "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."  --Martin Luther king, Jr.

Until tomorrow then.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those cookies look delicious! I'm glad you had a nice, zen-ful run, I love those!

Julie said...

The pictures of the Minnesota hoarfrost are absolutely beautiful!! I love it when I can wake up to views like those:)

Have a great day Renee!!