Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Speedplay


Just got back from the track. We're getting a very good regular turnout on Tuesdays. Let's see if I can remember who all was there: Tom Woo, Roger, Paul, Trevor, Andy, Jim, Casey, Randy, Paul's friend whose name already escapes me, and me.





 And a bunch of TriRochester guys too (and Jenny!).



 Our prescribed workout (Tom Woo was in charge, in absentia) was 8 x 800m. Uff da. That sounded like a lot. I decided that after my 15 minute warm-up, I'd do 6 x 800m and cool down until I had an hour in. I haven't been doing speedwork, did hills yesterday and ran a marathon 9 days ago. Kind of a "Quit while I'm ahead", "Leave well enough alone" kind of a deal. And that's just what I did. Here are my splits: 3:16, 3:10, 3:14, 3:12, 3:06, 3:05. Good enough. It's really fun watching speedy runners run. And here are some speedsters:


Trevor, Randy, Andy


Jenny


Andy


Tom
This morning's workout was run to the Y, lift, swim, run home. That's become my typical Sun/Tues/Thurs or Fri workout.

These pictures don't do it justice, but the hoarfrost was even more spectacular today than yesterday.







After work at the law office this morning, I grabbed a quick lunch (boysenberry yogurt, Honey Bunches of Oats and a handful of blueberries) ...




and then worked a 1-5 shift at Running Room before heading to the track. Among other things, sold a couple pairs of "those spiky things that go on the bottom of your shoes" and another of my favorite Running Room items: "warmest" mittens.

Then off to the track and now here I sit watching American Idol and Biggest Loser. : ) And munching on a purple carrot from the farmer's market on Saturday. Delicious, but it bleeds purple so one has to be careful while eating it.

Andrew Moe brought me a newspaper from Northfield, the Saturday edition. I'd read the story online, but the print version had a couple of photos. Including this one:


I'll call that one my Zoom!Ha!Ha! photo. I have no clue what I was doing here!! Funny. : ) On this copy, it looks like there's something on the end of my nose ...

From Mike Schmitt: Cadet sets Guinness Record by running a marathon in full "battle rabble" weighing 30 pounds. And she weighs only 120. I can't imagine. Carrying a water bottle during a marathon seems like a lot.

Well, that's about it for today. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a friend at City Cafe. I'm sure I'll find something bloggable in that outing, otherwise it'll be a quiet day.

Be well.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool indoor track! I'd love to see pictures of the purple carrot, we haven't seen those around here, fun eating!

Unknown said...

Nice carrots, I just started reading your blog so I must have missed that post! Yes, Boston! Hope your training is going well!

Julie said...

I am so glad that Meg has checked out your blog!! She is a sweetheart and I love her blog too.

My "Save the ta tas" shirt and socks came in the mail today:) I hope that you have a fun lunch tomorrow with your friend!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Say, aren't you supposed to be taking a day off once a week? ;-)

~Leslie