Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday

Can't think of a snappy title for today. It is what it is.

Just got back from the track. Another good group: Tom, Tom, Trevor, Jim, Matt, Casey, Andy, Roger, Paul, me. I hope I got 'em all. And a lot of guys in the other group and I don't know them all: Mark, Peter, Andy, Pete, Ian, ...


The prescribed workout was 16x400m. I'd never done that many before, even the end of last summer when I was in shape. So I thought 12x400m would be reasonable. It turns out I actually did 13. Anyway, I kept up with Tom, Tom, Trevor, Paul, Andy for the first one (minus a second or two) and that one was 1:26. But I took my 200m recovery WAY more seriously than they did. : ) I got a drink after each lap and really dogged it jogging one lap of the track. My summertime workouts were 400m recovery. My splits: 1:26  1:30  1:28  1:28  1:27  1:27  1:27  1:28  1:25  1:26  1:24  1:24  ??? (I forgot to press LAP after my recovery lap so didn't get the last one ...) A good workout. Tom Woo always has flashy racing flats. Here is tonight's version:



Tom has VERY sharp elbows ... his right elbow and my left hip met on one lap and I think I have a stinger on that hip! He should register those elbows as dangerous weapons. : )

Yesterday's workout: 11.20 miles into a very stiff NW wind. Some hills, but not as many as last week. This morning: 4 mile run, lift, swim.

Casey Graham got a new job up in the cities so will be with us for only another couple of weeks. We will miss her! That will leave me as the only "girl" (can a 49-year old still be called a girl??) on the track most weeks. Ladies ... come join us! Please!!

I got a couple of ideas for artwork for the Fetzer 20K Ts today (April 10 ... be there). Let me know what you think. I'm liking the one on the right, but with the sun more sun-like.



Minnesota School of Business has agreed to provide 4 or 5 massage therapists for after the race. Thank you!!

Kathy Z-M (River Runner) has generously agreed to donate some of her beautiful jewelry for the Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer silent auction on February 14. It's gorgeous. She is also donating a photography print.



Mike Schmit sent along this link about the Little Rock marathon medals. 1.67 pounds, 7 3/4" x 6". Ridiculously large if you ask me. Judy and I saw them in Tulsa in 2007 and they were big then, but this is HUGE.



After the track, supper was salad, a piece of bread and a bowl of minestrone soup.



Tomorrow night is book club. I haven't read the book, but plan to go. I have to decide what food item to bring. I'll look through my recipes tomorrow and come up with something.

Well, I'm dragging today. Time to wrap this up, read the paper, and crash.

Toodles.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Renee,
First of all, I love Tom's shoes...very fancy!

As far as the options for the Fetzer race goes, I really like the first choice. I love that the picture includes the city, river and trees:)

Team R.E.D. said...

I think Tom's shoes are over-rated.. he got one static pic and 2 slideshow pics! I see you are playing favorites! hahahaha... kidding of course, but offended none the less...

BillyBonesThePirateDog said...

So, Renee, when is your rest day? *remember that resolution? ;-P *

~Leslie