Thursday, June 18, 2009

Well, that didn't help much

I went for a 4.38 mile run/walk this morning to see how things felt. I ran the first 2 miles, then did some walking and then running again to see how it felt to alternate between the two. Felt OK. I've also been doing a lot of stretching today to try to stretch out these super-tight hamstrings. It's helping. So ... I'm no closer to a decision. Had it felt terrible, my decision would have been made. Bag Grandma's marathon. Now, I still have a decision to make.

Saturday is the start of Rochesterfest. I see on the website that runners K.C. Reed and Kevin Torgerson will be in the dunk tank at some point during the week!

Saturday will be the last run of the season for the Off-Season Striders before the group runs at the RAC start up on June 27 at 7:00 AM. On Saturday, the OSSers will meet at Panera south at 7:30 AM. The planned route is 10 miles.

Pasta salad and fresh fruit for supper tonight. Too hot to cook. I think I've decided on the marathon cookies: 1) monster cookies with Reese's Pieces and chocolate chips, and 2) macadamia nut white chocolate chip cookies. I will have plenty of time to make them in the morning since there will be no Friday workout and Judy and I are leaving for Duluth about 11:00.

Toodle-oo!!

No comments: