Saturday, June 13, 2009

Road Trip!!

On the spur of the moment, I decided to take a road trip and went up to St. Cloud to run with the St. Cloud River Runners for their weekly Saturday morning breakfast run.

(Pat Ross photo.) It was a great way to start the weekend! After the Minneapolis Marathon, this photo of mine got posted on their website and caused quite a flurry of posts regarding the plastic bag that (very talented) runner Monty was wearing.

I'd wanted to sometime get up there for a breakfast run and: 1) today's weather sounded perfect, 2) I had the day free, and 3) I'd been thinking about decorating some plastic bags for a couple of these guys in lieu of all the smack talking that had been going on! So that's just what I did. And I had soooo much fun!! I also think they're catching on to the fact that wherever I am, there will also be a camera and cookies. :-) It was a beautiful summer morning, perfect for a run and breakfast with friends. :-)



They're a great bunch of people. If you're ever in the St. Cloud area, check out their website for the time and locations for their group runs. You'd be very welcome to join them.

So, I ran about 5 1/2 miles this morning. Early miles felt pretty good, but by the end I was feeling it in my hip again. I see another doc on Tuesday. I don't think he'll be able to tell me anything without any imaging, but we'll see. I'll be going up to Duluth for Grandma's regardless for a fun weekend. Maybe I'll do a super long run/walk, maybe I'll bag yet another another marathon for the spring season. Time will tell. Tomorrow, I think I'll swim for an hour and then bike.

Here's a link to some photos from the Chester Woods races last weekend. There are also some photos from Jim Li on race director Jim Mason's website.

Tomorrow I'll be helping out at registration and the finish line for the Mac Attack 5K. Weather sounds wonderfully summery--80 and sunny. A bit warm for a race, but for a 5K not tooooo terrible. It's been worse for that one. :-)

Happy belated 50th Birthday to Shaun Palmer! The big day was yesterday.

Below are some more pictures from TNT on Thursday.



I was reading a magazine the other day and they were lightening a recipe for potato skins. As part of the process, they said to top the potato skin (half a potato, scooped out) with 1/2 tsp. fat-free sour cream. I just had to chuckle. Do you know what a small quantity 1/2 tsp sour cream is on half a potato? Miniscule! Not even worth bothering with!

Here are a few more garden shots. I posted a photo of my peas the other day. Below are broccoli, cabbage, kohlrabi and Brussels sprouts.


And potatoes. A few hills look like they aren't going to make it ...

And in my garden, wherever there are potatoes, there are also Colorado Potato Beetles. The bane of my (garden) existence. Ugh. They're impossible to keep out, and impossible to keep on top of.

Hope you were, and are, able to enjoy the beautiful weather we're experiencing this weekend.

Quote for the day: "True friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."

Cheers.

No comments: