Thursday, June 25, 2009

T.N.T.

Well, I just returned from T.N.T. (Thursday Night Triathlon). Huge crowd tonight.

50 people. Beautiful evening. I forgot my wetsuit :-( so I had to swim in my tri suit, which turned out fine actually. The water was relatively warm. Swim went fine. It was the first time I'd swam with 50 people so it was good to find out what it felt like to swim into someone. :-) And I didn't stress about the lack of buoyancy that the wetsuit provides. Just did my swim and ran up to the bikes. Made T1 very quick. The evening went well and was lots of fun. I ran a mile at the end. :-) Poor Trevor ...

he was having a heck of a time pedaling that Quintana Roo without a back wheel. :-)

From Mike Schmitt: Triathlon race day info. Great information for those of us doing this for the first time.

These are the tri shirts ... they're technical. I attended the (700) packet stuffing party last night at the Nevala's.

That's a LOT of packets! After 2 hours, I left to go ride the sprint bike course. Yes, 18th Ave is a long, steep hill but actually Fox Valley Dr SW on the west side is worse. I can't make it up that one without getting out of the saddle at the top. 18th Ave, I could. Also, Pat Ruff from the Post-Bulletin called and interviewed me yesterday for a "newbie" triathlete story. Should run tomorrow (Friday). :-)

I'm organizing an informal pasta dinner on Saturday at Victoria's at 6 PM. You don't have to be doing the tri to join us. The more the merrier ... if you want to join us just for the sociability, please do! Just email me. They need final numbers Friday evening.

I got my Grandma's Marathon photo link yesterday. Actually, the photos are decent ... even though I felt like crap. (Sorry, but that's an appropriate word in this situation.)

Ah...finish line, sweet finish line. The 6/16 All Comers' Mile is available on YouTube.

CLIF has introduced a new product: CLIF Quench sport drink. No HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup).

I made turkey tenderloins on the grill, sweet corn and roasted fingerling potatoes for supper. The corn didn't need either butter or salt. It was delicious "naked". :-0 Hy-Vee 3-day special. Speaking of Hy-Vee, I saw Ranier cherries there for $8.99/lb. I. Don't. Think. So!!

I had lunch with a couple of friends yesterday at Panera. I had the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with chicken. It was very good. My friend Jeanne can do amazing things with a little cake and frosting.


Well, there's a little bit more on my list, but I think I'll wrap this up and read the newspaper. More tomorrow. After my P.T. appointment. I'm not expecting miracles from P.T., but I am hoping that it does some good for whatever ails me. :-)

Quote for the day: “It is one of the strangest things in this strange life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certainly pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest of men.” --Brutas Hamilton

Sleep well.

No comments: