Saturday, April 11, 2009

PERFECT.


That's it, in a word. It was ... perfect. 28th annual Fetzer 20K and 2 mile. The weather was spectacular--sunny, negligible wind, 40'ish. 309 ...
registered for the two races which is great! Oodles of very capable volunteers. (Special mention goes to Jim Mason who was there from setup to the very last minute of tear down and was busy the whole time monitoring and taking care of the water stop supplies. I can't thank him enough. And Noah Retka who was there from setup through tear down and also ran and wanted to be busy with a job every single minute. My finish line crew and scorers ... so experienced and capable, so that I didn't have to worry one second about that part of the event. And it's kind of a make it or break it part of a race ... so very visible. There are so many of you ... can't thank you all individually here but you all were an important part of a very successful morning and I couldn't have done it without you.) Everyone liked the shirts. The only suggestion I've gotten is to have more cookies! (I had 28 dozen.)

I'm just so very thankful that everything came together so seamlessly. Thank you to everyone who had a part in it, be it running, ... (Noah, Dan, Shaun, Trevor, Kyle)

volunteering, (Jim and John) ...

sponsoring, (Peg Arnold and Running Room) ...

or providing moral support.

Here are links to a blog entry from today: Lionel Cheng is always a pleasure to read. Here's his video of the women's start this morning:





And his photos. And Tom Woo's photos . Mine are still on my camera. Thank you to Eric and Jen Woodford for taking finish line photos for me. :-) I posted the results on the RTC website.

After I came home, I needed to do something other than think about the race. So I went and swam a mile. The pool was very busy. 2 lanes open for laps and we had to share. Lots of turbulent water with all the other activity in the pool, but that's something I'll have to get used to for the triathlon, so all's good. ;-)

Well, it's time to get some more done for tomorrow's dinner. I've got a cherry pie ...

cooling on the stove and bread being baked and a salad in the refrigerator. Tomorrow I'll make the ham and other fixings (potatoes, green beans, cole slaw). I will NOT be baking any more cookies this weekend.

More tomorrow. For those of you whose religious traditions celebrate Easter, may yours be blessed.

Ramblin' Renee

1 comment:

Views from a director said...

Its always a pleasure to help out in any way we can after all you do for us.
Jim