Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A new PR!!

Thanks largely due to John Shonyo's "Mud Princess (Jean Murray)" email of yesterday, I hit a new one-day hit total on my blog --- 116! Whoo hoo! Y'all come back now, hear??!!

Tonight at 5:30 p.m. is the RTC All Comers Mile, which is part of both the regular RTC Grand Prix Series and the Youth Grand Prix Series. And it's free. The regular All Comers' meet will start at the conclusion of the mile. My foot is feeling pretty good. I'd planned to run, then decided I couldn't after Sunday, now ... who knows. I'll decide at 5:29. And don't forget ... we can always use volunteers. The weather is spectacular. Come out and enjoy it!

Generic emails are now working on the RTC website. See the Contact page.

As I ventured up to Sam's Club yesterday after work for my bi-weekly shopping trip (keeping these 19- and 21-year old guys fed is a challenge) I noticed that the bike trail from about the County 22 overpass over to the west frontage road has been resurfaced. It really needed it. Thank you Park & Rec.

Tirunesh Dibaba from Ethiopia set the women's Indoor 5K world record recently(14:27.42). Here's a video clip. Amazing.




Off-Season Striders will be running 12.5 miles on Saturday morning, starting at Panera South. Here's the route. I'll be running the 10K in Zumbrota, but will be providing a water stop at my house. If anyone is interesting in carpooling up to Zumbrota, let me know. We'll all be spending $8-10 in gas just to drive up and back ...


An RTC member was assaulted on the Slatterly bike path yesterday in the middle of the afternoon. Unprovoked. And she was running with someone else! Be as careful as you can out there.


Spotted this morning running on 9th St SE (I was stopping at church to drop of something): Dave Hillman and Ron (nice shirt) Giles.



Have a SUPER Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.