Thursday, June 19, 2008

My 100th Post!

An anniversary of sorts, I guess. The 99th anniversary of my first post? Whatever. Here it is ... not much today.

First of all, I hope the weather cooperates this year for those running Grandma's events. You're due for some decent running weather.

Great fun once again at All Comers on Tuesday. I have more pictures to post. Hopefully I'll get that done some time today. Good turnout for the mile. Lots of sub-7 minute milers. Joey Keillor ran a terrific mile once again, on a cinder track with no one to push him. I scurried home to post the results. If there is a misspelling or error, please let me know. FYI ... Brendan Sherman, who finished second, did not wear a number so his time is not posted. I've got about a 5-second movie clip of Kristin and Laura but have not figured out how to post it yet. But there's GOT to be a way. Foot held up pretty well. It was a bit tender after the mile, but good enough for a run yesterday. Only when there's some unplanned external rotation does it hurt, so I 'tread carefully' as they say.

Here's a link to the proposed new (non-paved) trail system being developed for Essex Park. The RASC folks have done a terrific job with the proposal and I'm sure they'll do a terrific job with the trail as well if Quarry Hill is indication of their efforts.

Matt and I did a little landscaping project in the back yard yesterday and today. We tore out some plastic edging and put in some rock. It looks very nice and it's great to have it off my things to do list.
I told Matt it was great to see something complete that was just a 'pie in the sky' idea. He looked at me kind of strange and said he'd never heard the expression 'pie in the sky' before. I don't know if it's a generational or regional difference. Kind of like when I told Orrin Knutson 'see you in the funny pages'. Jodi at the Y just kind of snickered and said she'd never heard that one before. I think I'm REALLY getting old...

Well, there's a planned BLOGGER outage at 4:00 pm and it's 3:51, so I guess I'll post and work on the All Comers slideshow.

Hope to see some of you in Zumbrota on Saturday! From the back yard a minute or so ago:


Tally ho.

1 comment:

Let's Cure Type 1 !! said...

While the O'Leary's enjoy the funny pages, we're just not that funny ourselves. So we're more likely to say "See you in the movies"