Sunday, June 15, 2008

I've gone and done it again

Lynn and Daryl Saari, Ann-Kristin Gjertsen, Jean Murray and myself went for a run out in Oxbow Park this morning. First thing we were greeted with ... water, up to a foot deep across the trail. Daryl went right through without hesitation, followed pretty quickly by Lynn and then Ann-Kristin. Jean and I hesitated a moment and then we followed as well. Might as well just get it over with! It was pretty muddy out there and at one point the muck sucked a shoe right off my foot. At about 3.8 miles, I rolled my ankle/foot. Great. Here we go again. I was able to run it in, but it's pretty sore now. Not much swelling but tender. So it's yet another day of RICE--rest, ice, compression, elevation. My dad did remind me today that I am almost 50 and hinted that maybe I am too old for this running stuff. ;-) NOT!!

Bad luck? Black cloud? Just plain old klutz? Who knows. It's a temporary setback. I'll get through it and be back. But it does leave me wondering ... What next?

Enjoy the beautiful (Father's) day.

No comments: