Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's feeling like summer out there!

And that should bring a good crowd to All Comers' tonight! 6:00 pm, Soldier's Field track. We can always use more volunteers so please feel free to stop by and help--ribbon hander-outers and long jump pit crew are what's needed. Thanks! I believe I'll run down there this evening.

Another new PR--144 hits yesterday! W-w-w-w-wow!! I'm hoping this doesn't go to my head or anything...but really...thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the world on a regular basis. I'll do my best to keep it interesting.

Isn't this just a beautiful baby?


It's Anna Helen, John and Lucy Shonyo's brand new granddaughter, born on Saturday. Very precious. Newborn babies are so wonderful. And I'd say these look like some pretty proud grandparents.

Quote from John: "I'm telling you, it was exhausting waiting for that girl to be born!" HA!!

The RTC Newsletter, July edition, will be assembled at Mike Schmitt's house at 6:30 on Thursday. Mike's address is: 3415 Chalet Dr NW. All are welcome to pitch in! It's actually kind of fun when you get going...the more help, the faster it gets done.

Off-Season Striders will run from Dunn Brothers/Elton Hills at 7:30 am Saturday. This will be the swan song for the OSS spring 2008. The group will resume running on October 11 after the Twin Cities Marathon. Route map I'm toying with running the Spartan 5K I so don't like to run 5Ks (pain the whole time) but I would like to support the cause. I'm also not sure I want to know how slow I run a K these days. Hmmmm ... what to do ...

Heard this on the news this am: Sports bra saves US hiker stranded in German Alps

Here's a "Rochesterfest food" clip from KTTC yesterday evening. Check out the shirt that Jay Kepson from VIGOR is wearing ... Hint: August 23, 2008.

Rochesterfest medallion clues:

Clue #2 - Tuesday, June 24th
If you find where I land your payday’s half a grand. I’m safely above being mired.
To find me is tough, I’m a diamond in the rough. You can easily see I am tired.
Whilst silver and hake guide your side of the lake, it’s longer than winter to walk.
Now you know the side of the city divide, to the edges might be where to stalk.
---------------
Clue #1 - Monday, June 23rd
By hook or by crook, it is all where you look for this 2008 Festing Treasure.
Unknown and unseen, far from public’s cropped green where the sport of this quest will have measure.
The path’s not too bale and it’s clear as the trail. This year it’s the best of the times.
Got it made in the shade, young and old do parade near a pool built for Rochester’s climes.

When I read the Monday clue, I was thinking Soldier's Field, bike path. After Tuesday's clue, I have no clue! Unless it's somewhere out on the rough for one of the golf course holes. Hmmmm....

I'll go back and revisit some and add a few new of my dozen random questions, the answers being my own:

What did you have for breakfast today? Oatmeal (old-fashioned rolled oats) with walnuts, blueberries and a banana.

What book are you reading? The Wedding Officer for book club tomorrow. I've got 200+ pages left. It's not gonna get read in time ...

What shoes are you currently running in? Asics 2130s.

Eye color? Blue.

Hair color? Naturally? At this point in my life, grey. Unnaturally? Or in my younger years--blonde.

How long have you been running? 10 years. I was a late bloomer.

Siblings? Younger sister and step-sister, younger brother and step-brother.

Favorite vacation? Woods and/or mountains. Doesn't matter where. Spent a summer in Norway as a teenager. Loved it. Estes Park, CO is also wonderful.

Favorite ice cream flavor? Wow. That's a tough question, Renee! Probably vanilla with some kind of topping like hot fudge. Favorite ice cream treat--DQ chocolate dipped cone.

Town where you attended high school? Downers Grove, IL. Attended North H.S.

Last movie you watched? I don't watch many movies, but I think it was Hairspray or Ratatouille (both on video).

Next race? Stewartville Summerfest 5-mile, unless I run the Spartan 5K on Saturday!

Well, I guess that's it for today. Thought for the day: "If you have accomplished all that you planned for your life, you have not planned enough!"

Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to All Comers' I go!

1 comment:

Mike said...

WOW - I'm uber geek runner too - that was the first thing I pointed out to Jessica when we were watching it last night. You gotta love the promo :-)