Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hot, hot, hot!

How you feeling? (Hot hot hot)
How you feeling? (Hot hot hot)
How you feeling? (Hot hot hot)
How you feeling? (Hot hot hot)
--from Hot, Hot, Hot (Buster Poindexter)

Yeah, it's definitely summertime out there today. But I'm not complaining. Well ... maybe just a little. ;-) It was a sticky, sweaty run this morning. I prefer it a bit less humid. Fifth day in a row for running for me, which hasn't happened in literally years. Since before back surgery for sure. I was dragging by the time I had to run home. I ran down to the Y (2 miles) for the 5:15 AM run thinking it'd be the 6-mile route we'd be doing. I was wrong. We did the 10.3 mile route which left me with 14.3 miles and VERY tired legs.

Trying hard now
it's so hard now
trying hard now

Getting strong now
won't be long now
getting strong now

Gonna fly now
flying high now
gonna fly, fly, fly... Gonna Fly Now (Bill Conti)

Never did end up flying, nor did I feel strong. Tomorrow and Friday I'll be back on the bike. Lisa found two quarters this morning. Ka-ching! Way to go, eagle-eye Lisa! Spotted out doing a bit of yard work--Dave Morrill.

Good crowds for All Comers last night. The 50m races took 45 minutes. We could sure use a couple more volunteers. We were sweating it just before 6:00. We need people to hand out purple participation ribbons to kids that run but don't place 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Not rocket science. And a lot of fun. Plus you get to make a mark on their hands with a marker, which is the best part of the evening for a lot of these kids. Cheap thrills! I usually do the smiley face thing, which seems to be pretty popular. Anyway, please consider helping out. Two weeks left. Just show up. Purple (ribbon) people are usually only in demand the first hour or so until most everyone has their first race under their belt.

I met up with Priscilla Smith ...

on my way down to the track (I ran down). So she turned and walked with me for a couple minutes. I believe the two of us will be carpooling down to Stewie for the July 4 Stewartville Summerfest 3- or 5-mile races. If you'd like to ride with us, just shoot me an email. The more the merrier. Those races are great fun, BTW.

139 hits here yesterday! Zowie! I'm feeling the need to keep this little blog worthwhile and interesting. Greatly appreciate your interest. ;-) I appreciate getting links and tidbits of info from readers as well. Here's another from Mike Schmitt: Surplus Boston Marathon T-shirts Put to Good Use. Thanks, Mike.

Entries are starting to trickle in for the TreadMan Duathlon on September 27. (5K run--32K bike--5Krun). It's not too early to register (hint, hint), or to volunteer. Third annual this year. We hope you'll join us (along with TriRochester and RASC) out in Douglas on September 27.

Thursday at precisely 10:00 am, $25 gift cards for Victoria's for $12.50 on Rochester Deals for Less You have to bid right at 10:00 or you'll miss out!

Spirit of the Marathon (movie) gear and posters available at Marathon Movie site . The DVD will be released this fall. There are still a few US showings scheduled for the balance of the year. Good movie. Worth seeing.

Spotted running yesterday on County 22 ... Gina Sundsmo.

Track & Field: US Olympic Trials from Eugene, OR on television. Double check your local listings.

6/27/08 11:00 PM USA
6/28/08 7:00 PM NBC
6/29/08 6:00 PM NBC
6/30/08 10:00 PM USA
7/3/08 10:00 PM USA
7/4/08 10:00 PM USA
7/5/08 4:00 PM NBC
7/6/08 7:00 PM NBC

At Running Room : Buy asics 2130s and receive a free pair of asics 2100 socks. While supply lasts. You can still use the 20% off coupon in the Running Room eMagazine through the end of the month!

What's new in the Saxman household? Eric returned from 10 days in the cities taking a class to get licensed to sell insurance (summer internship). Need life, home or car insurance? Give me a jingle and I'll have Eric contact you. ;-) He'd be much obliged, I'm sure.

Re-did my front door wreath this afternoon. It was looking pretty bedragled.

My peas are just over waist high and the pods are filling in. I'll be shelling peas in the near future. Could use a nice gentle inch or so of rain. Lawn is getting dry as well. Harvest the first 2 heads of broccoli yesterday.

Ran across this little joke, which I think is several years old. Inflation would inflate the quoted prices a bit.

A man staggered into his house panting and exhausted. "What happened, honey?" inquired his wife. "It's a great new idea I have," he gasped. "I ran all the way home behind the bus and saved fifty cents!" "That wasn't very bright," replied his wife. "Why didn't you run behind a taxi and save three dollars?" . ;-)

Thought for the day: "Timely good deeds are nicer than afterthoughts. The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention."

Ciao.

No comments: